338-378

dracer173

I have never reloaded for rifle have loaded tons of shotgun, I would like to learn how to reload for some rifle I have the largest one is 338-378 wby have been looking at the Lee classic turret press kit
will that press be able to load the 338-378 wby

Yes the press will work. I do not think Lee makes dies for that caliber, but you can use any dies in the press. If you are just getting into rifle reloading its hard to beat the RCBS Rock Chucker kit as it has everything you need tool wise beside your dies to get started.
I have Redding die set for the 338-378 wby the Lee classic comes as a kit like the Rock chucker for less money

FYI I just seen in the classifieds under "Reloading room purge" 338-378 Redding dies for 50.00 that's a good deal. I don't know the seller, however thought I would let you know..

Buy the Forster Co-Ax Press, and the forster dies.

I'ts awesome, you will make very accurate rounds with it, and it is very practical.

the Lee classic comes as a kit like the Rock chucker for less money

i would consider that press workable but standard to light duty, i think you will upgrade fairly quickly to a heavier duty press

you could probably get a used rcbs press only at similar price , of the lee kit ,

Personally, I will not likely use a turret press of any kind these days. I had one several years back but gave it away after I realized that the turret was moving slightly each and every time I sized a case. I did not want to add more steps to the process to verify the cases so away it went. I went back to the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme. Problem solved!!

I have never reloaded for rifle have loaded tons of shotgun, I would like to learn how to reload for some rifle I have the largest one is 338-378 wby have been looking at the Lee classic turret press kit
will that press be able to load the 338-378 wby

I personally do not like a turret press for anything but pistol, or small caliber rifle (.223/5.56) reloading. I think that there's too much room for play/spring in them. I find the larger rifle cases to put more strain on the press, thus creating spring. If at all possible stay away from the "C" style press and get an "O" press instead. I suspect that I'll get some responses on this, however that is my personal opinion. I have been using an RCBS Rockchucker for 20+ years with no problems; and....I know there's better presses than mine out there also. Please to not be offended with this post, this has been my experience of 50+ years of reloading; and....you asked for opinions. I'd also like to comment that no matter how much reloading one has done, there's always something new to learn.

I personally do not like a turret press for anything but pistol, or small caliber rifle (.223/5.56) reloading. I think that there's too much room for play/spring in them. I find the larger rifle cases to put more strain on the press, thus creating spring. If at all possible stay away from the "C" style press and get an "O" press instead. I suspect that I'll get some responses on this, however that is my personal opinion. I have been using an RCBS Rockchucker for 20+ years with no problems; and....I know there's better presses than mine out there also. Please to not be offended with this post, this has been my experience of 50+ years of reloading; and....you asked for opinions. I'd also like to comment that no matter how much reloading one has done, there's always something new to learn.
I would like to thank all you guys for the help I will not be loading any small rifles 223 etc. the smallest one is 32 special 35 30-06 7 rem mag win 300 mag 300 ultra mad 450 bushmaster and 338-378 wby.

I would like to thank all you guys for the help I will not be loading any small rifles 223 etc. the smallest one is 32 special 35 30-06 7 rem mag win 300 mag 300 ultra mad 450 bushmaster and 338-378 wby.

You ought to be able to get by with the 32 Special and the 35 Remington okay, but from there on up you ought to have a different press.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.