Has anyone tried Re-33 in 300 PRC?

RL33 works great for me in my 28 Nosler, very accurate powder, I don't know why it would not work great in the 300 PRC, especially with the heavy bullets. The only way to know is buy a pound and give it a try.

I tried it in the 300 WM, not quite 300 prc capacity but fairly close. Didn't work well at all. Huge velocity swings and real jumpy (like 100 FPS going up .3 grains)

In my buddies 300 PRC that I have been loading for RL26 has been king. I only wish it was as easy to find as RL33.

I tried it in the 300 WM, not quite 300 prc capacity but fairly close. Didn't work well at all. Huge velocity swings and real jumpy (like 100 FPS going up .3 grains)

In my buddies 300 PRC that I have been loading for RL26 has been king. I only wish it was as easy to find as RL33.

You and me both...
I see rl 33 everywhere. Never 26, 16 or 17.

No information but it just might be perfect with ultra heavies. Reason I say this is 8133 would seem slow for .300 win mag and it absolutely rules for me with 225 eld m. Very compressed load. Rl33 is right beside 8133 on the burn rate chart I'm looking at. 225 eld, 230 Berger, 230/240 smk, 230 250 atip.

How bad were the swings. I've heard it's relatively stable and seems to be for me. I hunted one day in 67 then the next it was 7 and didn't have any noticeable change.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.