has anyone tried 4007ssc in their 22-250?

KDB

Powder is hard to find in my area and I am too cheap to pay the hasmat to order any of the net. However, I can get my hands on alot of 4007ssc locally.

According to Hodgdon's website, 4007scc looks like it would be a screamer but I don't know anyone who has used it. If you have had good results with it, please let me know your results and load information.

Thanks

I use it in my 22-250 Ackley Improved and it is outstanding for both accuracy and velocity.
Varget is the old standby, but 4007SSC has put it in second place in my rifle. It should do very well in your standard 22-250.

Craig

I had decent results with it in my 22-250 lrpv shooting 75gr amaxs it shot about pretty good but not as good as varget. The load i tried in mine was 37gr of 4007 and large fed primers there were no pressure signs at all this load shot right at half moa at 150 never shot it further cuz the varget shot quite a bit better.

Hope that helped,
Nathan.

What kind of velocities are you guys getting. I have factory VSF with 26 inch, 1-14 twist barrel and am shooting 50-55 grainers. I have topped 4000 with 50 grain BT's and 3700's with 55 grain vmax's using Benchmark, but accuracy is inconsistant with these hotter loads

Thanks...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.