has anybody tried n568 in their 7 Rem Mag.

WildBillG

Well I have shooting the Hornady 162 ELDX. I used n570 load data from QuickLoad and went 1 grain under it's max load to be safe. I did not start there but about 4 grains less. My better load today about a grain and a half under my max produced 3104 for a 3 shot group string.Extreme spread of 4. This was out of a 24 in Tikka M65 barel. A half grain more produced 3198. No pressure signs but accurracy fell off.. I must say I am very impressed with it.

The n568 powder gave me 7STW speeds with less powder in a 24 inch barreled rifle. I would say using at least 10 to 20 grains less poder.

Congrats on your tikka shooting so good,that's nice cooking!. But your statement 10-20 grains less powder isn't right, I cook for 2 STWs,& cook for a couple 7 mags and own a blued ss 700 /7mag made in August of 69 .

20 grains wpuld be pushing it I will admit. But 10 grains is not out of line. Most loading manuals do show 33200 hundred around max speed. Now barrel length and just different barrels can easily change that speed.