Rcbs ar series small base dies and rcbs small base dies

I run the regular .223 SB FL die set. I do not crimp my rounds for my AR. I just use .003" neck tension. Have not had an issue in thousands of rounds through it. Both 69 SMKs and 50 V-Max loads.
For the OP it's probably best he run a SB FL for AR's or semi autos. And a regular FL for bolt action rifle. I run just regular .223/ 5.56 dies on my AR's with no issues for thousands of rounds. No crimp, though I test my ammo with a "push test". I also bought an .223 X Die for the AR's to cut down on trimming. The OP wants to avoid buying extra dies. but most of us reloaders have multiple sets for one cartridge. All serving s different purpose.

Last edited:
You Sir a one fine piece of work, now you are accusing me of of something someone else said ( even though I did agree with it ), do your homework Sir before you get all bent up, your just digging yourself a bigger hole No one in this thread is a troll, we all came to help but your actions prevented that, as far as manning up,

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183
Easy Brother, it is NOT worth the oxygen. Remember this ...

You give Folks books to read and all they do is look at the pictures ;)

IBTL!

Last edited:
For the OP it's probably best he run a SB FL for AR's or semi autos. And a regular FL for bolt action rifle. I run just regular .223/ 5.56 dies on my AR's with no issues for thousands of rounds. No crimp, though I test my ammo with a "push test". I also bought an .223 X Die for the AR's to cut down on trimming. The OP wants to avoid buying extra dies. but most of us reloaders have multiple sets for one cartridge. All serving s different purpose.
I do the same thing with my AR .223 Wylde. Even with SB we all have different processes to achieve our end goals. The last two sentences are true. I have specialty dies that I have not used but have it readily available just in case I need it.

Bring out the popcorn!

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Last edited:
Those arnt your memes you posted or gifs whatever you choose to call them huh ? Just stirring the pot and keeping it going after i asked it to stop and said i wasnt gonna post anymore threads after being attacked. Yet You say im digging a hole because i tell you to man up and admit what you did and you post your address to challenge me to come to you for conflict. I spose sense you are a senior member and im new entitles senior members like yourself to behave in this way and its justified. I get it now wow is all i have to say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-163418_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-163418_Chrome.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210702-163318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-163318_Chrome.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 44