Rangefinder < $400

alloutsmith3

I'm looking to pick up a rangefinder either new or used but don't want to spend more than $400. What would be your suggestions on might work for my budget?

How far do you "need" to range? I got a Nikon Gold 1200 which is VERY consistent on deer & antelope out to 800 yds. They can be gotten for $349.95 new. :)

joseph

Last edited:
I'm looking to pick up a rangefinder either new or used but don't want to spend more than $400. What would be your suggestions on might work for my budget?

Add $50 and get a Leica CRF1200 Y. This is a good RF and you could get a used one for $450 if you shop hard. I know it is $50 ver your budget but you will not regret it. Anything less than that I am afaid you be sorry.

Jeff

I have a Bushnell Elite 1500. It ranges well on reflective targets out to about 700yds. I have ranged reflective targets up to 1100 yards. Non-reflective targets I only get about 400 yards. I am going to sell my Bushnell and look for something different. I really like the Swarovski, but I just can't drop a grand on a rangefinder.

Id second the Busnell 1500 for decent performace at a low price. I bought a couple of "refurbished" ones for under $275 each a few years back. Off a very refelctive surface like a retroreflective road sign they'll actually measure to 1500 yards which is their computational limit. Typically off trees and rocks they work to about 800 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.