$300-400

shooterpunk2

So I am gonna get a new scope here soon and I will have $300-400 to spend. This is going on my savage 110fp 300 Win mag, and will be used for hunting and target shooting. So far I am thinking about these scopes:

Bushnell 10x40 with target turrets
Bushnell 5-15x40 with target turrets
Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40
Super Sniper 10x50

Which out of these would give the best performance and what are some others that I should look at? Thanks!

OK, used for target and hunting. we need to know what animals/targets are you shooting at, what distances and what style of hunting?

as soon as the word "hunting" comes into play, my opinion is you have to be able to make a 30 yd shot, as well as a 600+. the 2 10x scopes you listed are very good scopes, especially for the money. but since you're hunting elk, i'd pick the 5-15 3200. have heard good things about them. my suggestion would be to get a custom reticle or dots made for your drops. i'm going to do this very thing this summer when i complete a drop chart for my new carry gun. for hunting out to 7-800, i think this is the way to go. over that and it's time to start cranking the turrets. then you need a D#$N good scope.

Good news, I actually have around $500 to spend, so I am really thinking about the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42. I can get one for 539 shipped. I've been reading some really good things about this scope.

Good news, I actually have around $500 to spend, so I am really thinking about the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42. I can get one for 539 shipped. I've been reading some really good things about this scope.

I sold my 5-15x40 to buy the 6500 4.5-30x50. I like the scope but I wish I had waited and bought one of the new models with target turrets.

Check out the Vortex Viper series 4-12x40.Great glass,argon purged,waterproof,fogproof,and 1" tube.Great prices under 500 bucks.They also offer a 6.5-20x44 and 50mm.Just my 2 cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.