Range Pet Peeves!

My greatest peeve (and I'm not alone) is during holidays primarily, we get a lot of Commifornian's that visit our range. You can always tell by the "Mag Dumping", etc. That's really not a problem seeing as how there are so many "Regulations" at Cali ranges. ( I use to live there ). So they come here to Arizona to unload. Still, really no problem. But it seems consistently that they somehow love to shoot up our target frames on purpose. Then they leave and we are stuck with a bunch of target frames that need repairs or get thrown away. It puts a burden financially on the members of our club here at the range. Don't know but that just really chaps my hide!

Charge non members or out of state license holders more.

Has anyone discussed the brass pirates yet?
My friend has a 30 yard pistol range and 100 yard rifle range at his gun shop. I used to work for him on and off. I loved when I closed the store, I'd go to the pistol range where EVERYONE shoots their AR's, and pick up grocery bags full of .308 and .223 brass. Of course I'd get tons of other calibers, and I'd give them to my uncle.

Hate the every 5 minutes let me check my 50yd target, really? Get a spotting scope. And ranges have rules for a reason, follow them or leave. When there's a cease fire and I'm in front of the firing line you better not touch your gun or go near your bench, stay away, I don't know you and don't know if you know how to handle firearm, I will call you out and send home for the day.

So, because of these reaspn and other ones of course Lol, I usually go on Wednesdays on my day off and usually only one or two other shooters there if any at all.

I like that this range has the shotting benches separated a bit so you don't get mag dumped and there is almost always a range officer around keeping an eye out.

Most of the time, I got the range to myself ...

20180819_074039.jpg

Wait, are you guys saying some tools start grabbing your brass while you are still shooting? Seems an awful risky practice when the guy shooting can hit a target at 1000+ lol.....some day from a spot you will not see, will come a sound you will not hear.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.