Range finders

Lapua 338

Anyone out there that give me the heads up on what they feel is a good range finder. I'm looking for one that can read out to at least 1000 yds. On a moose.

Regards.
Lapua 338.

Which ever one you choose I suggest you look for one that claims at least 1,500 yds if you want it to range to 1,000 yds.

joseph

I think the best deal around right now is the Leica 1600. It is being discounted to $650 by most retailers in anticipation of their new 1600-B.

The 1600 will get you way past 1000 yards with angle compensation, temperature and pressure readings as well.

Scot E.

I just picked up a g seven by gunwerks. Tried it out on bigger objects such as buildings, trucks and treelines and it ranged out to 2316 yards. I have used it at the range twice and picked up targets out to 1477. I still have a lot of testing to do with it but it looks good so far. Entered 2 rifles in the ballistics program and it mirrored my kestrel dial up so far. Shot it out to 900 working it from 600 to 900 with both rifles on 2 different days with very good results.

For what it's worth, I have a Leica CRF-1600 that is spot on out to 1504 yds so far. That was a measured distance using a surveyor friends equipment to compare. Both units were within a yd. to that number. Plus as Scot E says, retailers are discounting them by a good number.

my .02

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts