Range finders

Who makes a better Range Finder Leica or Vortex?

What makes one better than the other.......................

Leica Hands down!!!

I just upgraded to the Leica 1000-R for both archery and rifle hunting. The optical quality is far better than Vortex or Leupold. The Leica is a little longer but the Vortex is fatter, it does have the included clip but I store mine in a pouch for more protection anyway.

I didn't like the Vortex operation at all, it takes 3 presses of the button to get a reading and the accuracy of the Leica is much better to farther distances than the Vortex.

I also have a Leupold RX-1000 but was looking for one with angle compensation for archery. I looked at Vortex thinking it would be what I would go with but between the two I couldn't tell much difference, when I looked through the Leica it was no contest and I new instantly that is what I was going to get even though it costs a little more. The image quality is so good you can use the Leica as a 7x monocular if needed.

I found a new in the Box Leica 1200..........................Its just that a friend of mine has told me that his Vortex is a hands down better Range finder than the Leica........................One thing about him is that he is very opinioniated.

I found a new in the Box Leica 1200..........................Its just that a friend of mine has told me that his Vortex is a hands down better Range finder than the Leica........................One thing about him is that he is very opinioniated.

I usually try not to be a total supporter of something just because that is what I own but maybe I am.

I am not familiar enough with the 1200 to know how it might compare to the Vortex. I also know that there is a CRF and LRF model with the LRF being similar to the current Rangemaster 1000 and 1600 model.

I am fairly certain that the Vortex would have the angle compensation where that Leica model won't. If that is not a big thing for you then I wouldn't worry but if you need it you are going to have to look at a new model to get that feature.

Hope that helps!

i am in the market as well for a range finder and was wondering about the swarovski has any one tryed them out?

This has been covered many of times. Use the custom search (this is a very useful tool, take advantage of it) on the top right corner and Leica 1600/B will always come up on top for <$1K price range. I have range beyond 2100 yards with my 1600.

Leica hands down not even close. I feel Leopold and vortex are closer in performance both being below Leica. I'd be willing to bet your friend has never used a Leica.

This has been covered many of times. Use the custom search (this is a very useful tool, take advantage of it) on the top right corner and Leica 1600/B will always come up on top for <$1K price range. I have range beyond 2100 yards with my 1600.

+1. OP has been here plenty long enough to know how to use it. Lazy?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.