Range finders

birddog67

I had a swaro , went to Leica 1600 b , I had trouble this fall ranging out to 1200-1400 yards with the Leica , I have not made it to those ranges shooting yet right now working on 1000 yard consistently. But I will be moving out to longer ranges , I see the veltronics are going to stop making their unit that sell for $2000 range , what are my other options ?

Thanks I need to get out and verify that something is not wrong with my Leica , I know they make good stuff , ..

Thanks

If the funds allow it, I'd suggest just buying the first Terrapin you find. I got mine a couple months ago and I haven't regretted it once. If you want to range past 1300 yards in pretty much any condition, there really aren't many units which can keep up regardless of price.

My buddy bought a Leica and it's great. The readings do start to get a little tricky past 1300 yards unless the conditions are very good though. This is pretty consistent with what you're experiencing it sounds like

Andrew

If the funds allow it, I'd suggest just buying the first Terrapin you find. I got mine a couple months ago and I haven't regretted it once. If you want to range past 1300 yards in pretty much any condition, there really aren't many units which can keep up regardless of price.

My buddy bought a Leica and it's great. The readings do start to get a little tricky past 1300 yards unless the conditions are very good though. This is pretty consistent with what you're experiencing it sounds like

Andrew

^^^ This. Leica's are great to about 1200-1300. If you need something that is reliable past that look for a terrapin or get pull out your checkbook and get a PLRF-10 or 15.

I started out with a Leica 1600, and upgraded to a Terrapin about 18 months later. I still have the Leica, and it has its uses. I don't regret buying the Terrapin, I think it's probably one of the best choices I've made since I started shooting distance. Hope this helps, good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.