range finders?

I've used a Scout 1000 ARC for years and it still works like it was new. I still have it, but the Prime 1700 is so much nicer.

A guy was on here trying to sell a lika 2200 b a couple weeks ago for $1,700. Ask there might be some guys wanting to upgrade

Thanks guys. Will be getting one very soon.Could have used this morning. Missed nice buck at about 400.Partly shooter and big part shooter under estimating the range. Good thing it was clean miss so no real loss,well except to ego.LOL

Looking into range finders,Not wanting to speed a ton,but not wanting to have to buy twice because first was ***. 600 to 700 yrds would be max I will need. I know the more I spend the better it will be,but then I am just hunter and not trying to shoot 1MOA at 1000 yrds or anything.

Wondering what some here use and thoughts on them or ones you have had.
Totally agree with the Sig Kilo suggestions, but if you are a hike and climb hunter you might want to check out the Nikon Monarch 3000,STABILIZED; it is, in fact, quick and friendly to use. Own them both + Leupold. Just a thought.

Yep I've yet to find glass better than Leica and I set no budget on my bios. My 1600b was so good in low light it convinced me to by the geovids. Anytime bow or slug hunting I use the 1600b anytime I may need a better look it take the geovids.

Don't be afraid to look for a used one because you can get a better quality older one cheaper than a new cheaper one.
I got the Leica 1600-B and it works awesome. Ranged deer and elk out to 1500 easily and trees out 1800. Been very impressed with all the Leica rangefinders, not just with the ranging, but glass quality also. I think the new 2400 is going for $550 which is a good deal to me.

idcwby

Thats right, Leica has best glass on market. I picked 1600 for $350

Looking into range finders,Not wanting to speed a ton,but not wanting to have to buy twice because first was ***. 600 to 700 yrds would be max I will need. I know the more I spend the better it will be,but then I am just hunter and not trying to shoot 1MOA at 1000 yrds or anything.

Look up a member named clown buster he is selling a gunwerks G7 BR 2 for less than half price I've had one for years it's a great range finder will range to 2400 and give you a ballistic solution to 1400 if I didn't have one already I would be all over it

Just saw leica bino/rangefinder by pulling up "range finding binoculars"
They are in store show binos...never used outside....1300 or so...
I would sell you my Leupold 2800 tonite if you were somewhat close...but I we are a country apart.....

Don't be afraid to look for a used one because you can get a better quality older one cheaper than a new cheaper one.
I got the Leica 1600-B and it works awesome. Ranged deer and elk out to 1500 easily and trees out 1800. Been very impressed with all the Leica rangefinders, not just with the ranging, but glass quality also. I think the new 2400 is going for $550 which is a good deal to me.

idcwby

I weep at the pricing being quoted on the post. In New Zealand, new is impossible $$$, second hand (1-3 years old), 10%-15% less than new price in the local currencyo_O

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.