range finders?

I weep at the pricing being quoted on the post. In New Zealand, new is impossible $$$, second hand (1-3 years old), 10%-15% less than new price in the local currencyo_O

What causes the prices to be so much higher down there?

idcwby

I bought a set of Leica RF binos. Only previous experience was with a weaver 1200. The leicas are as clear as anything I've seen as far as binos and the contrast is great. The RF feature is really quick out to 600 or so off hand if memory serves. The furthest distance I measured offhand was like 950 on a hillside. It's leaps and bounds over the weaver for speed and what you can range. I think the ones I got retail for 1300 or so. I'd say we'll worth the money

Had a Leica 1000 and it would not range past 600 even on a flat sided structure. My new Sig Kilo 2400 ABS was very expensive but I have ranged buildings out to 2600 and animals out to 1200 so far.

Agree on the Leica. My 1600B is several years old. Got it when they first came out, it's very small, has been wet a lot and submerged once, ranges to 1999 yds in perfect conditions, 1200 in any conditions. The only con is kind of a non issue: the library of trajectories doesn't match any trajectory I know. The flatter ones appear to be very fast, light bullets. I never planned to use that anyway.

I'm dead set on getting the Sig Kilo 3000 and was hoping for a good Black Friday sale on them but am having no luck. Anyone seen a good price on them? So far Amazon at $948.88 seems to be the best price. I don't have time to call around due to work.

I'm dead set on getting the Sig Kilo 3000 and was hoping for a good Black Friday sale on them but am having no luck. Anyone seen a good price on them? So far Amazon at $948.88 seems to be the best price. I don't have time to call around due to work.
You can get a gun works G7 BR two from clown buster for the same price

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.