Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

Having a few blown disks and a couple of fused places I can understand your back being sore . I would have to of crawled a long on my knees to get it done . But it sure is good looking and will be fine lumber . It would make some fine exposed stairs in a log home the way it is after curing . But then that's just how I see it .

Sorry to hear your back isn't good. My back is ok but we were trying to shove and help the little tractor push stuff around and mostly 16' stuff. Couldn't begin to guess what those cants weighed but ended up taking a 14x6 off them so the tractor could move the rest over to the mill. That 880 stihl is a pig also. I'd probably still spend a lot of days doing the same stupid crap even if I won the lottery.

Neal , how are your attempts at using your calls doing ? My back and neck were my own doing , as you said doing stupid stuff . I was born hard headed and it took me a long time to learn to work smarter not harder .

Haven't spent anymore time with it. Went shooting yesterday with mixed results. I shot pretty good but my friend ( I used to work with him) with Parkinson's had some trouble. Guess it effects your eyesight as well as a bunch of other stuff. His first shot at 500 meters made contact with a gong though and he got pretty excited. 500 meters for that 6.5-300 doesn't amount to much of a challenge but the look on his face made it worth the fuel to get there. Back to the grind today.

I don't know what all Parkinson's affects I've known a few people that had it as well as several people with M S but really don't know much about it . It's good that your friend has someone like you to go out shooting with them . I'm impressed with the 6.5 caliber bullets . Todays bullets are by far better then the bullets of even 20 years ago in their design .

It's pretty cool to help him out but not a complete selfless act on my part. He's medically retired and would be awesome to get him to a point to have someone to go to some competitions with. The eyesight's definitely going to be a challenge though. Going to bring some little binoculars next time and see if that helps. I can see his frustration with becoming handicapped after being a healthy successful person. He definitely had fun yesterday and met some really cool folks at the range yesterday.

It's pretty cool to help him out but not a complete selfless act on my part. He's medically retired and would be awesome to get him to a point to have someone to go to some competitions with. The eyesight's definitely going to be a challenge though. Going to bring some little binoculars next time and see if that helps. I can see his frustration with becoming handicapped after being a healthy successful person. He definitely had fun yesterday and met some really cool folks at the range yesterday.
nealm66 ,

You are a GOOD MAN !
Your act of taking him shooting will never be forgotten by your friend .
I am certain that your kindness and compassion for your friend will be remembered by other shooters that he met .

DMP25-06