Coyote hunting tips

Coyotes hunt at night.
Invest in a quality thermal rifle scope and thermal scanner to observe and eliminate hogs and coyotes.
Establish a feeding pile of eradicated feral hogs. Dead road kill deer also works great if LEO will allow.
Wire tie dead hogs / deer to trees or t-post in view of your blind.
Yotes will drag carcasses away to cover, making shots more difficult.
-
Now, go hunt yotes in the dark - and only call if the coyotes are moving beyond your shooting range...
Most of these shots were lasered at 265 - 290 yards.

These yotes were taken in a single night. One shooter only.

-
Same location - 2 weeks later.

Last edited:
Coyotes hunt at night.
Invest in a quality thermal rifle scope and thermal scanner to observe and eliminate hogs and coyotes.
Establish a feeding pile of eradicated feral hogs. Dead road kill deer also works great if LEO will allow.
Wire tie dead hogs / deer to trees or t-post in view of your blind.
Yotes will drag carcasses away to cover, making shots more difficult.
-
Now, go hunt yotes in the dark - and only call if the coyotes are moving beyond your shooting range...

These yotes were taken in a single night. One shooter only.
OMG
YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thermal deals going to run its course too, kind of already is on the calling side of things. Pulling the same stunts at night they do during the day, and ten times harder to keep tabs on them.

I've always said the place for thermals is a stationary position letting coyotes come naturally to you.

Sitting on a dead pile all night, if you have a LOT of coyotes could be fun. But who wants to sit all night to shoot one, maybe two coyotes?

Boone liane I think your spot on with the thermal comment , where I hunt the coyotes are doi g the same thing at night as they do in the day, everybody bought a cheap thermal, call for 15 minutes nothing comes in they walk out grab call while coyotes are watching, I go out a lot at night and use my scanner non stop and sometimes still get surprised, most guys I talk to tell me they just scan with scope on thier rifle, which means they do t see half the coyotes they should.