R700 Custom-ish Build

LR Guru

Formerly '300NM_guru'
I'm getting my rifle built and this is the list I have going into the build. Anyone one have any suggestions on changing some things?
The rail seems to have good reviews and work well with people and I'm trying to stay away with having more stuff mounted to my scope then needed.
I'm hoping to run 215 Berger's. I will also have a Leupold mk5HD 5-25x56 PR2- moa (just need to find one in stock)

Barrel: 300WM 5R rifling, 1-9 twist, S.S. Bartlein #13 Rem Varmint/Sendero, 27" finish w/ oversized recoil lug

Action: Trued Remington action w/ defiance side bolt stop/release

Trigger: TriggerTech Special

Muzzle Brake: MBM Beast 5 port

Stock: McMillan Adj. game warden bedded

Bottom Metal: Hawkins Precision

Rail: Precision Hardcore Gear Tru Level 1-piece 20 moa
Barrel: 300WM 5R rifling, 1-9 twist, S.S. Bartlein #13 Rem Varmint/Sendero, 27" finish w/ oversized recoil lug

Action: Trued Remington action w/ defiance side bolt stop/release

Trigger: TriggerTech Special

Muzzle Brake: MBM Beast 5 port

Stock: McMillan Adj. game warden bedded

Bottom Metal: Hawkins Precision Oberndorf

Rail: Precision Hardcore Gear Tru Level 1-piece 20 moa

Sounds like a nice gun. I have a nice rem 700 custom, but I also have 3 custom actions. If I had to change one thing on your build it would be get rid of the 700 for a custom action.

If you want to stick with the 700, then it'll work just fine. After all the action work it will be extremely smooth.

Sounds like a nice gun. I have a nice rem 700 custom, but I also have 3 custom actions. If I had to change one thing on your build it would be get rid of the 700 for a custom action.

If you want to stick with the 700, then it'll work just fine. After all the action work it will be extremely smooth.
Yeah I thought about that long and hard but I'm getting the action work for only 320 bucks to hard to pass up and for my first build I will see how it turns out. But if I change my mind ill probably get a lone peak or defiance.

I must be doing it wrong.
I only charge $250AUD to true a Rem 700.

Your build sounds solid to me.

My latest build for myself is similar to yours but no 5R barrel. .950" muzzle 29" 1:8" 264WM twin pin 1/4" lug switch barrel with a 7STW barrel re-chambered from 7RM.
Has a Jewel HVR, PT&G bottom metal, cast follower, not pressed metal crap and bedded Sendero stock that I may swap out to a Manners EH1.
Will be used primarily for LR deer here in OZ, but also Hunter Class comp at 300/500/600mtrs.

Once I use up my inventory of Rem 700's, I will be using Borden's.
I'm gonna build a 338 Norma Improved using Alex Wheelers reamer print and see how it goes next to my own designed 338-416 Rigby Improved 45 degree shoulder, it's getting a little tired now at 813 rounds down in 9 years. LOL.

Cheers.

My latest build for myself is similar to yours but no 5R barrel. .950" muzzle 29" 1:8" 264WM twin pin 1/4" lug switch barrel with a 7STW barrel re-chambered from 7RM.
Has a Jewel HVR, PT&G bottom metal, cast follower, not pressed metal crap and bedded Sendero stock that I may swap out to a Manners EH1.
Will be used primarily for LR deer here in OZ, but also Hunter Class comp at 300/500/600mtrs.

I'm gonna build a 338 Norma Improved using Alex Wheelers reamer print and see how it goes next to my own designed 338-416 Rigby Improved 45 degree shoulder, it's getting a little tired now at 813 rounds down in 9 years. LOL.

Cheers.
That 320 is with the side bolt release which is 150 alone

Cheers.
Sound like you will have a nice and solid shooting rifle

I like the sound of your set up. I have a tricked out 700 that I'll never sell (308). You should be able to toss those 215 a long ways down range. Start hoarding H1000 now haha!

That 320 is with the side bolt release which is 150 alone
Oh, I see.đź‘Ť
I am going to see how these RR# actions go with extraction, if they turn out being difficult, I will put a Sako extractor on them.
Have 3 running at the moment, only problem so far was about that one bolt was way out and replaced under warranty and I need a new cocking piece for another.
However, the actions themselves were very good dimensionally, the new CNC cut actions really are good.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.