Quigley Ford FFP Q520

6" is still in the kill zone at 600 and you're talking worst case. I'm a hunter and I do not reload.
Depends on what you are hunting. 6" is an unacceptable variation in point of impact alone in my opinion. Elk? Maybe. Mule deer probably not. Coues deer, antelope, etc. Nope, wounded and probably not a recovered animal.

And I am a hunter as well. To me, that makes an accurate hold even more critical. Not less.

If you like it, get it. I am just letting you know it will be like any other BDC reticle or CDS type marked turret. It WILL be off at distance unless you hunt/shoot in the same conditions every time. If you do, it should be good. If you change up, just be aware of the effect it will have.

Last edited:
Depends on what you are hunting. 6" is an unacceptable variation in point of impact alone in my opinion.

And I am a hunter as well. To me, that makes an accurate hold even more critical. Not less.
Scope should be here this week I will shoot some groups at 500 and see how it does.

Y
Except that's not what you said.
You are correct. I said "1fps for temp sensitivity". I should have been clearer about it being 1fps per 1°F of temperature variation. Considering I shoot/hunt from the single digits to above 110°, that can and will make a huge difference. From late August low elevation (high desert) pronghorn and coyotes, to December high country elk.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.