Quigly ford optics?

Randy Tidwell

Anyone have experience with the Quigly Ford scopes?

https://quigleyford.com

I'm at Salt Lake City Hunt Expo this weekend, had a long conversation with them yesterday. I like what I see!

Thinking about pulling the trigger today for their 5 X20 FFP. They have a pretty good show special offer.

I've looked at allot of different scopes, most everything out there today are set up turrets for dialing the range, I'm old school (I'm old too), not sure I want to get into dialing a scope for different ranges.

Any input would be appreciated.

Not for me waste of money to buy a scope that the reticle is set for one bullet at one speed for one elevation and one weather condition. If you don't want to dial look at ffp moa or mil scopes and learn how to use it

That is the problem. You did't really 'think about i'. SFP scope reticles are only good on one power. If you truly 'thought' about it, you'da 'thunk' that having a reticle good on any power would be more beneficial

Actually, I did really think hard about it. Been dwelling on this for sometime.

I looked thru three different FFP scopes at the show, on the higher power, the crosshairs would cover a deer size animal (IMHO).

The rifles that I am looking to put new scopes on are pretty well point blanks 300-350 yards. After that, power is turned up. It is easy to practice with standard Mil Dots at further distances.

JMHO, FFP is a bunch of hipe, not for me.

Randy

I guided a guy this past fall that had one on a 7mm and he loved it. When I looked through it I thought the glass was not as clear as most of my Leupold or Vortex. And yes the reticle was very distracting.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.