Quickload help 30 Nosler - 210 Berger VLD

Yes I know but I have enough for 1 barrel. I mentioned it because I do not know what powders he has on hand. RL33 is not temp stable. I gave it a try. It is not for me. You may look at RL26 or 8133 but you will just have to do a ladder test because most are using H1000.

One other thing the 215 is a much better bullet in all ways.

Why? I'm sorry, what are the gritty details. I shoot a 210 vld hunting bullet in my 300 RUM with great success it will hold a 1/2 MOA out to 700 yds on days I can do it and wind cooperates. Took a 5 point bull at 300 yds this year, bullet performed flawlessly. And a small mule dear. Over gunned. Yes I know shots on game are all revenant to conditions, range and shot placement & etc.

Why? I'm sorry, what are the gritty details. I shoot a 210 vld hunting bullet in my 300 RUM with great success it will hold a 1/2 MOA out to 700 yds on days I can do it and wind cooperates. Took a 5 point bull at 300 yds this year, bullet performed flawlessly. And a small mule dear. Over gunned. Yes I know shots on game are all revenant to conditions, range and shot placement & etc.

Why? Because it performs better on game and has much higer bc. If your 210 is working for you great. The 215 is better. The 215 also has a shorter bearing surface so higher velocities are usually obtained.

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight pointers. I may check it out

If you already have a load for your RUM I would not worry about it. Barrel life is too short in my opinion to playing with too many different loads. It sounds like your load works.

Good to see some info on 30Nosler being spread around, It seems difficult to find good reloading info on the cartridge.
Currently shooting mine with 210 Berger Hunting VLD and 81.0g of Retumbo, velocity is ~3000 FPS. I find my accuracy is what I would consider "just ok". Not great but not bad either (.65-.75 MOA). I feel there is room for improvement. I have read a lot about people using H1000 and Berger 215's with good success. My question would be, should I make the switch? Will I really gain much? What Berger 215's is everyone using, OTM, Hybrids, ...........? I use this rig for hunting mainly caribou, moose, and other bigger game animals.

Good to see some info on 30Nosler being spread around, It seems difficult to find good reloading info on the cartridge.

Isn't this good enough to get started?

They may not cover a bullet you lust after to shoot but this can get you to a starting point.

upload_2019-1-25_13-59-45.png

I'm glad to see this thread too. I'll be starting on a load soon. Was planning to try 8133 with 210 AB LR or 200 AB. I haven't seen anyone report on 8133 in the 30 nosler yet. I like the idea of less copper fowling, if it really works.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.