Quickload help 30 Nosler - 210 Berger VLD

Dwbee

Looking for some 30 Nosler data - 210 Berger VLD - Looking for data specifically for RE33 & Norma 217. I'm not finding anything for those powders.

Thanks - I am currently using H1000, Retumbo & RE 25. Just looking for some other options.

I'm to the point anymore if I cant readily get powder, primers, good brass I wont developed a load with any of the components that I cant get my hands on.

VVN-570 is due in at Powder Valley sometime in February. This is from a conversation with them at SHOT Show.

N570 is non existent

Yes I know but I have enough for 1 barrel. I mentioned it because I do not know what powders he has on hand. RL33 is not temp stable. I gave it a try. It is not for me. You may look at RL26 or 8133 but you will just have to do a ladder test because most are using H1000.

One other thing the 215 is a much better bullet in all ways.

Thanks for all the help - I was worried about the stability of RE33. I may try to work with the H1000.

VVN-570 is due in at Powder Valley sometime in February. This is from a conversation with them at SHOT Show.
What about after they release another batch, when it's gone wait another year before anymore is available.
I just dont trust company's to just say when something will hit the market, look at the berger bullet 156 and 245.
I personally am not gonna buy 8lb jug of a powder to try just because somebody says it works for xyz, every gun and barrel is different. When its proven for me then I buy enough to last that gun or barrel.
I dont doudt 570 works well but until I'm confident theres a better supply I will shy away.

What about after they release another batch, when it's gone wait another year before anymore is available.
I just dont trust company's to just say when something will hit the market, look at the berger bullet 156 and 245.
I personally am not gonna buy 8lb jug of a powder to try just because somebody says it works for xyz, every gun and barrel is different. When its proven for me then I buy enough to last that gun or barrel.
I dont doudt 570 works well but until I'm confident theres a better supply I will shy away.

Good. I wish more people would take your stance so I could have more. In every rifle I have every done load development for the powder that works in others works in mine. This is not rocket science. If the powder has the correct burn rate for the cartridge and bullet and you know how to do load development you will find a load period. N570 sits around Retumbo for burn rate. It is probably a little slower. It is the best powder for the 30 Nosler case size with 210-220 weight bullets. When I buy powder I buy enough to burn out a barrel. It does no good to buy a pound or two because even with consistent powders like H1000 I have seen up to a grain difference between lots. Having said that I am getting ready to start a comparison between the 300 WM(3rd barrel), 300PRC, and 30 Nolser(3rd barrel) and will be using H1000 because I do not want to use my stash of N570 for the comparison.

I can look at quickload for you but for it to be accurate I need to know the case capacity in grains of water for your gun, the OAL you will likely be seating at and the barrel length. If your interested send me a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.