Nosler ABLR vs Berger VLD

LRH ELKAHOLIC

wanting to know wich one of the two perform better on elk, bear, and deer from 100 to 1000 yrds

does any one know where to get Nosler trophy grade LR in canada, specificly alberta

Last edited:
When you are talking elk @ LR Nosler doesn't make a bullet in the necessary caliber that will compare with Berger's offering in that same caliber.

I seem to remember a ballistics test on here showing the Nosler ABLR to have an inflated BC. And the Bergers were dead-on with what they advertise.

I have had great luck with the regular Accubonds on deer in both .257 and 7mm calibers. I have also had excellent success with the 7mm Berger 168 VLD's on deer, too. I had not used them for hunting before this year, but they performed better than I had ever expected. I will be using them from now on, in my 7mm RemMag for inside of 500 yard whitetail hunting. For 500+ I have a 7mmSTW that pushes the Berger 180 Hybrids @ 3000 fps. That's some BAD medicine for anything in North America...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.