barnes vs nosler vs berger

This might be an over simplified answer: Which ever bullet shoots the most accurately from your rifle, that you have 100% confidence in as you are squeezing the trigger.gun) Any of these three bullets, properly placed, will give the same end result. I prefer Nosler bullets myself; but have also have used TTSX's with no issues. Have never tried Bergers just because I have never saw any reason to.:cool:

I keep thinking of loading up some Bergers for my 300AX but it shoots 1/4-1/3 moa with nosler accubonds. That and I figured accubonds would be a happy medium between the 3. That said I'll likely get a load made with the Bergers for it later on, more for my own curiosity.

I have a 300 rum and shoot the berger 210 hybrids.I shot a doe last season at 300 yards shot her high in the back made a 6" hole going in and about a 9" going out.She was not dead so i shot her in the head and at 300 yards I took her head off I mean no head.For me I dont like to blow holes that big in my game.Before I customized my rum I use to shoot the Barnes Triple-shock X Bullets in the 180 grs and they would put a hole the size of my thumb going in and out and at 200 yards and out they would pick a deer up off the ground and put them down.But if you shot the deer at 100 and closer you would think you missed the deer.The bullet would not exspand at that range you could not tell if you hit it. I would find it about 60 to 80 yards out from were i hit it.I like a bullet that dont destroy the meat but puts them DOWN.

RottenRon, have you found that bullet for your RUM? I have had excellent results with 225TSX in the ol 340. And the 150 ABs are really nice in my 270win.

JJMoody, I have the TSX 180 gr but have not loaded up any yet.I also want to get some of the 210 grs and some of the Tipped TSX 180. that is as high is they go in the tipped ones.Also going to try the barnes in my 338 Norma.Do the 225 make big holes in deer.

RottenRon, All I've ever experienced with them is a little hole going in and a big hole on the way out. On the last elk, it looked like someone had changed the oil in a D8 Cat! Almost Zero meat damage. I think, as with anything, placement, placement, placement.....gun)I am working up some loads using the 225 TTSX. I do like the higher BC and hope they perform like the TSX on game. The one deer I've shot with the 340 was a doe at close range (150) for sausages. Boiler room shot, DRT, little hole in, big one on the way out (~2.5" if I remember correctly).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.