quick load please!

Thanks wildcater, I will either use a chrony from my smith or just buy one, I'm finding out it's easier to open the billfold sometimes than to ask for a favor, I'm only a couple items away from having all I will ever need. Oh yea! if you have load books my age , they are for blackpowder and flint rifles! lol Thanks again

I have an Oehler I think has not been used. It has three eyes instead of two like the one I use. Also it has a printer. Make an offer I can't refuse and its yours.

Well I just spent a pretty good amount at Brownells, so I better hold off on anything else for a while. But I know how to find you!

I'm guessing a rem mag not weatherby?

Nosler manual 7 has 64 grains of imr 4350 at 3243 fps with a 24" barrel and 1-9 twist. However they state that 66 grains is the most accurate load they found for that powder but it's the maximum charge at 3348 fps. Using the max may show signs of over pressure so I would try the 64 and work up to find improvement.

Thanks Stab Happy, yea I worked on this for a couple weeks from the time I had to go to the range, and 64 was the most accurate by far, it's a very good load always under half inch at 100yds, and one hole on my good trips 3 shot groups, But Thank You for responding

If you are trying to figure out your vel running it in QL would only get you close. Every gun is different. If you are trying to figure out drop charts it probably would not be close enough. IMO you have to have a chronograph and shoot at long range with a solid zero set. Then you can take the drop at long range and compare it to the ballistic calculator. Adjust bc (usually) until it matches the drops that you have shot. So without a chronograph you can run with the published bc in the ballistic calculator and adjust muzzle vel until it matches your shot drops. Both of these options will work well.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I was just wanting a close M V till my friend gets back and feels like helping , who knows when that will be, but I have read every manual out there + powder data for that charge of 4350 and bullet b c's for that bullet just gonna work on it when I'm not working, or yote hunting I know ur correct in what u say and there will be a chrony at my finger tips asap! I have shot it out to 200 thus far and my drop is less than an inch, and I use a burris ballistic plex 6.5 by 20 with bdc for 300yds on out to 600, but rarely shoot past 400

Really until you get past 500 yards the bc makes very little difference. As far as a chronograph goes I will try and save you some aggravation. Get a magneto speed and skip the sky screen models. They are just to inconsistent, due to differing light conditions.

Steve

Thanks for the info on the chronograph, I didn't know that, but as my 120 grain
bullet, it is far from being a long range bullet, and You know this better than me, but I will look at the magneto speed thoroughly. Thank You

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts