Can someone do a quick load for me please

Well... aside from the "lovely" answer you received....
The top end of RL26 is about 3-5% BELOW RL25...
Use the start charge as the SAME as rl25, but you will reach a top end a but before you would with RL25.... easy peasy.

someone was kind enough to run QL for my 280 Ackley, with 168grn Berger VLD Hunting, and RL26. You need to be careful with QL, the default burn rate for RL26, at least in a 280ai, is not correct. This gentlemen calibrated the burn rate, and my findings were within 10 fps of the QL predictions.

Anyway, the max (just shy of 65,000 psi) was 61.5 grains of RL26. 59 grns was right around 55,800 psi. This was with an OAL of 3.485"

Just be careful, I know it's hard to find load data for the 280 Ackley and RL26. Good luck! :D

Thank you. Yes it is hard to find load data for it. That's why I asked for a quick load. Not trying to be a freeloader, just some ground to go by to know where about I needed to be.

No problem.

Another reference point, for my 24" barrel 61.5 grns would be 2958 fps. 59 grns would be 2850. And that is with Nosler brass.

My current load is 60.5.

have fun...

Thank you. Yes it is hard to find load data for it. That's why I asked for a quick load. Not trying to be a freeloader, just some ground to go by to know where about I needed to be.

It's an expensive activity, most inquiries one see's, whether it's about, optics, barrels, services or loads, are to benefit from someone else's experience, or ability.

It's also the internet, take what's useful, leave the rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.