quick load please!

red dawg

I'm hoping to get someone to run a Q L on 64grns of imr 4350 120 grn nosler hunting red tip, on 24inch tube c o a l is 3.408 in with fed 215 match mag primer! please

MY gunsmith has one ,but has a family illness and is out of town for a while. If I get one the only place I could use it is the public range, and I don't want to chrono everyone that happens to ask if they could use it

What info are you looking for from QL?
If you want to determine if that load is safe, there are much better ways.
If you want to determine if that load is accurate there are much better ways
If you want to determine velocity, a chrony, or doing a drop test at different ranges then fitting the velocity to the actual drop results using a calculator such as Jbm will work better.
I own a copy of QL. Never use it.

Guy's I wanted some idea of velocity, I have been using this combo for a couple weeks, it is a a one hole group at 100 yds, with 3 shots I was wanting to do some ballistics calculator work on this bullet at 3 to 400yds

Guy's I wanted some idea of velocity, I have been using this combo for a couple weeks, it is a a one hole group at 100 yds, with 3 shots I was wanting to do some ballistics calculator work on this bullet at 3 to 400yds
3121fps

however, your velocity will probably be no where near that.

If you use StreLoc Pro you can put that in. Try the drops. Fix up the drops and have StreLoc Pro recalculate the velocity. Then take it to 600 and see if it works.

I bought a reloading manual....start there and check that round and work up.

I have about twenty manuals that go back many years. Some may be older than you. They don't have info for my wildcat. I think I can extrapolate using 7RUM 175 grain bullets for my 6.5 using 160 grainers.

Thanks wildcater, I will either use a chrony from my smith or just buy one, I'm finding out it's easier to open the billfold sometimes than to ask for a favor, I'm only a couple items away from having all I will ever need. Oh yea! if you have load books my age , they are for blackpowder and flint rifles! lol Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.