Question/Help/Advice for Remington Sendero

bigg_sexy1

I am looking for some advice on a problem that I encountered yesterday at the range.

I have been working up a load for my Remington Sendero SFII 300 RUM using 210gr Bergers and H1000. The rifle is stock other than an SSG V-port brake, 3X9X40 Bushnell 3200

So yesterday I was running a ladder test from 87 gr - 91 gr of H1000... 87, 88, 89 all shot great (well under 1" at 100 yds) 90 gr shot so so, and the first 2 shots I fired with 91 grs were all over... first shot 4" high 2" left, 2nd shot 4" low/ center. I had a couple of rounds loaded at 87grs left so I tried those with similar results.

Is it possible that after shooting 20 rounds that my barrel as so badly fowled that it was shooting that eradically or should I be looking a little deeper into this, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Any info, help, advice would be great.

Thx

First thing I would look at is all the scope/base screws and the action screws to make sure everything is tight. Next I would test the scope on a known rifle/load or put a known good scope on this rifle. I have a hard time believing it fouled so badly in 20 shots that it made that much difference but maybe? I think something is probably loose or the scope crapped out on you.

If you have to drive to a range then I would do as KRP stated. If you are one of the lucky ones that has a back yard range then I would just clean it and step out back and give her a go. Then if it still isn't holding up, check the scope...hardware first.

Cool, thanks fellas, got the rifle all cleaned up, I found that the action screws were a little loose... off to the range to see what life is like now. The scope mounts were tight and this gun does shoot
87grH1000.jpg

5 shots with 87 gr H1000
88grH1000.jpg

5 shots 88 gr H1000
wildfire.jpg

4 shots scattered all over the place

After shooting a couple of really good groups that last target really threw me off. Hopefully everything is all good now. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.