QUARTER BORE SST??

Like they say, The best is good enough. It is better than any 6 mm bullet and that is quite achievement not only for hunting, but PRS competition too. 3180 with a reported B.C. of ~.349 G-7 is phenomenal. I wish they would publish bearing surface length, and form factor etc. though. Bullet length is not outrageously long at 1.415". You just cannot beat Rich Sherman's Wildcats.

The new Gen 131 ACEs are now around 1.440". They hit hard, the impressions they make on my 1" mild steel plate at 750 are significantly bigger than the ones made by my 6.5 SS with 140s at 3250. They are almost the size of the 338 EDGE 300gr divots.

@CA48 what is the freebore on your chamber? I'm building a 257saum on an intermediate length action. Trying to find out how much freebore to keep bearing above the neck.

@CA48 what is the freebore on your chamber? I'm building a 257saum on an intermediate length action. Trying to find out how much freebore to keep bearing above the neck.
You'll need .020" more than the sst to make up for the neck length difference. I'll check when I get home but I think the free bore is .130"?

I had a message in to PVA a few weeks back and they said they'd look in to it but then they went dark. Tried last week to check in with them and still no response.

I had a message in to PVA a few weeks back and they said they'd look in to it but then they went dark. Tried last week to check in with them and still no response.
Have you talked with LRI? Chad was super helpful and will be rechambering my 6.5ss.