QUARTER BORE SST??

Have you talked with LRI? Chad was super helpful and will be rechambering my 6.5ss.
No, I hadn't tried LRI yet. Chad has taken care of me in the past on their Mausingfield Hunter deal last year. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to give him a call.

But, I also have some store credit at PVA that will cover a good bit of the barrel cost so if I can use it there I'd prefer that option.

I just text him. He said call him during business hours tomorrow
Will do. I had their number from before but know they're pretty busy so I didn't want to take their time away from working through their orders.

Will do. I had their number from before but know they're pretty busy so I didn't want to take their time away from working through their orders.
He told me emails and calls that come in DURING business hours are more apt to be answered.

Called Nick today and all squared away.

Now I need to find some other caliber to use up my store credit at PVA :)

Just to confirm - for a build with DBM, I'll want to use the 300WSM magazines, right?

Just to confirm - for a build with DBM, I'll want to use the 300WSM magazines, right?
I am using the .300WSM Accurate mags in my 25SST using 131 Blackjacks. They feed flawlessly into my Kelbly Atlas Tac. But, they did not work well in my 6.5SS w. 156 EOLs in a Lone Peak Fuzion. Too long, and the bullet would not pass the feed ramp, yet it feeds perfectly with a BDL & Wyatt's extended box. Just a bit of a placement difference.

So how is the barrel life with this cartridge?
We dont know for sure because none, to my knowledge, have been shot out yet being fairly new. The close cousin (6.5 sst) with 140 grainers, Is getting a low of 1500 when running hot barrels and long shot strings to near 3000.
As with any cartridge, there are a lot of factors that affect barrel life. That said, I would expect 1500-2000 with reasonable loads.

Recent Posts