Your favorite Quarter Bore and why

Kirby have you ever tested the 145 Blackhole bullet ?
Wondering what velo it would operate at comfortably.

Gorgeous buck.!
no but i would estimate based off what i have seen with the 140-156 gr in the 26 Stalker you would be in the 3500 plus range. If the bullet could survive that is another question totally. The berger bullets were sent to me for testing pre production to try to destroy them. Know they work.

145 black hole. 140 chinchaga. 133 and 135 Berger. 134 eld match. Hammer has a 128 tipped that needs a fast twist I think.

The fast twist quarter bores are starting to have options…
Know the hammers work well in an 8 twist. Some northern Canadian field testing!!
CF6F6279-91CA-4A6B-94C6-10607E18C287.jpeg

C3FD7034-7B17-483B-8D34-5C533C9CA0D6.jpeg

these two brutes were taken with my old 257 Allen Magnum loaded with the then prototype 128 gr Hammers loaded to just shy of 3600 fps.

also got some decent Montana test results but no field pictures.
at that time, this was my largest montana whitetail taken at 600 yards with the same rifle. My little one was just a baby back then…. Not so much now. But proof the Hammers work very well. Just need to spin them properly, as much for terminal performance as ballistic performance.
B6C8B918-CA2F-44C5-8309-A2B675EB0549.jpeg
4EB909FB-550B-450F-A546-2AACCF2FEDD9.jpeg

Know the hammers work well in an 8 twist. Some northern Canadian field testing!!View attachment 512526

View attachment 512527

these two brutes were taken with my old 257 Allen Magnum loaded with the then prototype 128 gr Hammers loaded to just shy of 3600 fps.

also got some decent Montana test results but no field pictures.
at that time, this was my largest montana whitetail taken at 600 yards with the same rifle. My little one was just a baby back then…. Not so much now. But proof the Hammers work very well. Just need to spin them properly, as much for terminal performance as ballistic performance.
View attachment 512528View attachment 512529
As a Canadian in Northern Saskatchewan….why don't I ever see bucks like that!!!!!!????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair and honest, they were taken on a big private hunting preserve. Northern Giants Outfitters.
Not saying that this is how you got your bucks. I know from information that you do hunt a lot on a lot of different areas and able to get the opportunity to get some nice harvests.
I had some acquaintances that I hunted with for years from my hometown. Many years in and around the NY/PA area ELDRED, OLEAN, PORTVILE and got some nice white tail bucks over 20 years on 2,000 acres.
They went to Saskatchewan almost every year when they had $$$$$ to spend. They would get BIG Bucks like yours for BIG $$$$$$. When they got to the Lodge, they would enter the "Grand Trophy Room". It had all the Bucks pictures with a price tag and which heated Shooting House and feeder to get the buck you wanted. They actually filmed the guides feeding corn and alpha hay to the bucks in front of the heated shooting houses. The Bucks were Micro Chipped and can see where they were at any given feeding station from Chip Readers.

Not saying that this is how you got your bucks. I know from information that you do hunt a lot on a lot of different areas and able to get the opportunity to get some nice harvests.
I had some acquaintances that I hunted with for years from my hometown. Many years in and around the NY/PA area ELDRED, OLEAN, PORTVILE and got some nice white tail bucks over 20 years on 2,000 acres.
They went to Saskatchewan almost every year when they had $$$$$ to spend. They would get BIG Bucks like yours for BIG $$$$$$. When they got to the Lodge, they would enter the "Grand Trophy Room". It had all the Bucks pictures with a price tag and which heated Shooting House and feeder to get the buck you wanted. They actually filmed the guides feeding corn and alpha hay to the bucks in front of the heated shooting houses. The Bucks were Micro Chipped and can see where they were at any given feeding station from Chip Readers.
Just my opinion but that's not hunting! Once you get into microchipping…Or at least a "trophy" obtained in that manner doesn't impress me at all, what's the point of coming to Saskatchewan (where I live) just to
buy a "canned" hunt. We have real monster deer that exist in the wild, biggest typical whitetail in the books was taken here, not on a game farm!

The Milo Hanson buck, taken November 23 1993 near Biggar, Saskatchewan. One of us needs to break that record now, it's been 30
Years!

1700506532852.png

Last edited:
Just my opinion but that's not hunting! Or at least a "trophy" obtained in that manner doesn't impress me at all, what's the point of coming to Saskatchewan (where I live) just to
buy a "canned" hunt. We have real monster deer that exist in the wild, biggest typical whitetail in the books was taken here, not on a game farm!

The Milo Hanson buck, taken November 23 1993 near Biggar, Saskatchewan. One of us needs to break that record now, it's been 30
Years!

View attachment 512553
AWESOME
Yes there are some of the Biggest WILD Deer and Racks in your area in the WORLD.
Would love to hunt there and even live there except for the Canadian Government and Jill doesn't like the COLD!!!
Thanks for your input and pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Len & Jill.

AWESOME
Yes there are some of the Biggest WILD Deer and Racks in your area in the WORLD.
Would love to hunt there and even live there except for the Canadian Government and Jill doesn't like the COLD!!!
Thanks for your input and pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Len & Jill.
I love the cold. I too have a problem with the Canadian government haha. To be fair, it would seem both our nations are "under the influence" of left wing nonsense.

I have hunted whitetails from northern sask. to the southern tip of Texas and everywhere in between. High fence sometimes but mostly low fence. There are some VERY good high fence hunting ranches. If you prefer not to use that term, no issues from me. The best high fence ranches are every bit as challenging to hunt as any low fence property.

The bad high fence ranches are very bad and usually what people refer to.

have no desire to try to change your opinion, no need to as i agree with most of what you say. I can only say i hunted with Jason and Dean for 6 years in a row. During those 6 years, never once did i see a buck multiple times on a hunt. Meaning, if you saw a buck you liked, you better kill him right then because you would likely not get another chance at him for that week, even knowing where on the ranch he hung out.

They would send game cam pics every year and only one year did i see and harvest the deer i saw previously on the game cam pics, which were nearly always at night time.

As far as baiting deer, its perfectly legal for everyone in Sask. Canada to bait deer. Its legal there, at least it was all while i hunted there.

Micro chipping deer is totally wrong in my opinion, hormone treatments are terrible in my opinion as well. Only thing done to the deer at northern giants ranch is a high quality genetic management program and supplemental alfalpha pellets at feeders. I harvested 8 bucks with them. Witnessed 6-7 more harvests personally and only 1 of those was shot off a feeder stand location.

I have never been anything but 100% honest with posting about every deer i have ever taken, low or high fence. I have only endorsed top quality highfence ranches.

Conversely, i have hunted WILD low fence properties and had the same deer walk out night after night, no fear of vehicles in any way, staying out in open fields all hours of the day, far easier hunts then northern giants ranch hunts. So to say low fence is the only right way to get a challenging hunt is also not true.

Painting all high fence hunts with a single stroke is not a well educated point of view.

Also, knowing what i do about the unethical introduction of SUPER deer genetics into most midwest "Low fence" deer populations, calling that ethical is very hard to swallow. It happens, it happens a lot in many states. And then those that hunt there and make prophit on hunting videos where they constantly chant ONLY LOW FENCE is insulting and laughable to those that know what has really happened to whitetail herds in America over the past 30 years.

I have no problem with good high fence or good low fence hunts, just be honest all around.

Just my opinion but that's not hunting! Once you get into microchipping…Or at least a "trophy" obtained in that manner doesn't impress me at all, what's the point of coming to Saskatchewan (where I live) just to

Years!

View attachment 512553
Knowing the real story how the hanson buck was harvested hearing it from locals there in the area that lived there then and still, calling that an ethical hunt is a bit hard for me to do. There are reasons there are bullet holes on those antlers and they are not because of ethical hunting practices...... if people knew the real story of that hunt, suspect there would be a much different public opinion of that buck.