Your favorite Quarter Bore and why

From what I gathered.... blackjack as a company was basically started as a side gig with hopes of becoming full time and it never materialized. If they would have developed a new caliber bullet every year instead of just one projectile maybe things would have been different. I'm not a bullet maker nor a business owner anymore so I'd be guessing at what happened to the company. One thing I can say is they brought the quarter bore back from the endangered species list.

I don't have tons of experience to wax on about… I will say any business worth pursuing you can't do part-time. It seems to die on the vine with out constant care…As I set here broke on my third venture, it takes constant care to grow a business. When your on top—it looks easy—when your starting you liok crazy,
Most don't have the stomach for it. Me included about half the time…

I'm considering a build on a custom action with lightweight components and am thinking of what caliber to choose. I have a .243, a few 6.5's, .270, 7mm, and 308. I do not have any .25's, and I think this is a good time to round out my collection. I hunt PA whitetail deer and have been known to walk a few miles scouting in season. I also rarely get shots beyond 300 yards. I'm thinking the 257 Roberts would be a great choice for me.

I would love to hear from all you quarter bore aficionados as to your favorite 25 caliber cartridge and why. Feel free to throw in a hunting story along the way. Looking forward to the campfire chat.
My 25 Stalker. Because its the baddest 1/4 bore on the planet. 😳😁

In my past I have owned several .25 Caliber rifles from .25-20, 25-35, .250-3000, .257 Roberts and .25-06. I like them all but do not try to make them something they are not.
I no longer shoot long range on game, instead I like the stalk, trying to get as close as possible is what I really like.
I really like the .257 Roberts, I just finished my newest build and she is a shooter.
I have no problems with shooting an Elk or Moose with the Roberts providing I am using the proper bullet like a Partition and getting in close to ensure proper shot placement.
If I felt like I needed more horse power then my 6.5 PRC or 7mmSTW would get the call.
Highly accurate, light recoil, and with the right bullet will work as a stalking rifle for big game and double as a varmint rifle, whats not to love?

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen lol. What is a 25 stalker?
Guess just so i can get validation that it ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
My 25 Stalker is the replacement to my old 257 Allen Magnum. It is based on the 300 norma mag parent case, necked down and fireformed to my APS case design.
C1FD5429-43B1-46C4-8369-DD00C28D69C3.jpeg

300 norma case on left, necked down 257-300 norma in middle ready for fireforming and formed 25 Stalker on right.

80BE789E-86B1-4420-9CAC-978B0719C904.jpeg

this was the last sight in group fired with this rifle which was my personal Stalker Hunter that i used that year. And yes, it was producing a legit 4135 fps out of a 27" barrel with the 100 gr ttsx and obviously sub 1/4 moa potential. After my hunt in Canada where It was record breaking hot for that time of year, i decided to throttle back the load to 4075 fps which made it an extremely comfortable load pressure wise.
8F19FBD5-A58D-4D5B-A955-5CC473A5CE80.jpeg

this is the exact rifle used that season.
ABB026C8-17D1-42CD-97D9-5164AFBF76CE.jpeg

two rounds on the left are the 25 Stalker loaded with some 110 gr accubonds for testing which broke 3900 fps pretty easily. Still i settled on the Barnes TTSX 100 grain for that season. The whitetail buck below was taken just a couple months after the target group above was fired. My largest Montana whitetail still to date at 173" and some change. He took the 100 gr on the point of his shoulder and collapsed to the shot.
E59C5A03-E740-413D-8272-F5CDCF067B7F.jpeg

if your in the market for a laser beam, thats what the 25 Stalker is designed to offer out to 1/4 mile or so. The 26 Stalker is far more flexible as it still offers the hyper velocity with 100 gr bullet weights but also has the ability to drive the heavies such as the berger 156 gr EH to well over 3500 fps making it a legit 1k medium game option. A wee bit more potent then the magical creedmore…..😳

Guess just so i can get validation that it ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
My 25 Stalker is the replacement to my old 257 Allen Magnum. It is based on the 300 norma mag parent case, necked down and fireformed to my APS case design.
View attachment 512504
300 norma case on left, necked down 257-300 norma in middle ready for fireforming and formed 25 Stalker on right.

View attachment 512505
this was the last sight in group fired with this rifle which was my personal Stalker Hunter that i used that year. And yes, it was producing a legit 4135 fps out of a 27" barrel with the 100 gr ttsx and obviously sub 1/4 moa potential. After my hunt in Canada where It was record breaking hot for that time of year, i decided to throttle back the load to 4075 fps which made it an extremely comfortable load pressure wise.
View attachment 512506
this is the exact rifle used that season.
View attachment 512507
two rounds on the left are the 25 Stalker loaded with some 110 gr accubonds for testing which broke 3900 fps pretty easily. Still i settled on the Barnes TTSX 100 grain for that season. The whitetail buck below was taken just a couple months after the target group above was fired. My largest Montana whitetail still to date at 173" and some change. He took the 100 gr on the point of his shoulder and collapsed to the shot.
View attachment 512508
if your in the market for a laser beam, thats what the 25 Stalker is designed to offer out to 1/4 mile or so. The 26 Stalker is far more flexible as it still offers the hyper velocity with 100 gr bullet weights but also has the ability to drive the heavies such as the berger 156 gr EH to well over 3500 fps making it a legit 1k medium game option. A wee bit more potent then the magical creedmore…..😳
Awesome!
I really like your POSTS!