QUARTER BORE SST??

The ACE's are coming. : ) I counted and packaged around 15k tonight for shipping tomorrow.

View attachment 106789
Are these only suitable for target use, or isidesign similar to Berger/matrix/jlk match bullets that perform well on game? I believe you're in development of a tipped hunting bullet, but curious how these will do hitting meat & bone vs paper.

Are these only suitable for target use, or isidesign similar to Berger/matrix/jlk match bullets that perform well on game? I believe you're in development of a tipped hunting bullet, but curious how these will do hitting meat & bone vs paper.

I personally don't worry too much about Match vs Hunting bullet distinctions but I know it is important to many shooters.

However, many shooters, probably most of us, have been hunting with Bergers and JLKs with flawless success for years and this design is much the same - a high performance Match bullet that will work as a hunting bullet for some folks. I cannot harvest deer for a few more weeks but we have some guys that will be whacking deer and elk very soon with the 131s.

The hunting bullet will still be the highest performance 25 Caliber hunting bullet made to date and we are still deciding which of our revisions to push into production. I wish we could release them all but we will be making that decision pretty soon.

Any feedback regarding the applicable cartridge, animal type, and bullet mass you'd prefer would be good data for our considerations. We'd really appreciate the input. Like I said though, every version we have on our HTR will be bad to the bone though - input will help steer us toward one of them though.

IMG_0007.JPG
Did a search on the site and this thread had some mention of the 257 cal 128 Hammer Hunter, wondering if anybody has burned any powder behind them and how they performed on game , my barrel is a Rock Creek in 7.25 tw but should stabilize the bullet at the velocity I'll have,

Also interested in the target version if it is available

I have to say it. It's not the only 7 twist bullet out there. Our 128g Hammer Hunter is a dedicated hunting bullet for 7 twist. Lead free and stellar accuracy and terminal performance. Target bullets in the works.

Steve

View attachment 107456 Did a search on the site and this thread had some mention of the 257 cal 128 Hammer Hunter, wondering if anybody has burned any powder behind them and how they performed on game , my barrel is a Rock Creek in 7.25 tw but should stabilize the bullet at the velocity I'll have,

Also interested in the target version if it is available
Until recently I was not aware of anyone other than us that had a 25cal chambered on a 7 twist barrel. We have not hunted with the the 128g Hammer Hunter.

We are working on a pure target line that when done will have offerings in all the calibers. Hunting season is on us now do development will suffer for a couple months.

The 128g 25 cal Hammer Hunter has tested perfectly on media and is the same design and copper alloy as the rest of the Hammer Hunter line. Ballistic testing from a 257 wby shows it is effective to 700y on game easy.

We are headed out to shoot s bunch of deer and elk in a week. If I can manage to have that rifle good to go before we leave, I will try and get some muley does on the ground with it.

Steve

ok boys and girls; I've been getting some squeaky wheel greasing on a 25 SST to shoot the new 131 Blackjacks. It might be a good time with ADG brass now a reality.
Sooooo, how many people would actually build one? I suspect I could get close to 3300' with the right throat in it and a 26" barrel.......rich
You should be able to get to 1550 yards before going transonic and 1875 yards before going subsonic without a fully funded hot load. That is a great bullet and cartridge case combination. Nice work Rich, and that is all in a 2.86" COAL, right ?

You should be able to get to 1550 yards before going transonic and 1875 yards before going subsonic without a fully funded hot load. That is a great bullet and cartridge case combination. Nice work Rich, and that is all in a 2.86" COAL, right ?
Yes, I think 2.86 is exactly what it mesured. It's a pretty sweet combination alright. Should be hard on competition:D

I'm not sure anyone has shot 3400' yet but someone reported H1000 maxed at 3350' so we assume it would reach 3400' with RL26, Retumbo, etc. The barrel that reached 3350' I think was a 26".

Rich, I'll be able to get some more testing done next week and I will post the results. The 2 powders I will be testing first are H-1000 and RL-26. For now here's a teaser of the new 25SST ;)
View attachment 121410

What are the details on your 25sst? Looks sweet. I am tossing around the idea of building one on a chassis just for target shooting. I've got a couple tikka actions sitting in the safe. Just need to decide what to do with them.

What are the details on your 25sst? Looks sweet. I am tossing around the idea of building one on a chassis just for target shooting. I've got a couple tikka actions sitting in the safe. Just need to decide what to do with them.
The Tikkas make great short action builds for the SS and SST.