quality scope w/o refinance house

I have had luck with a couple of Vortex in FFP, the Strike Eagle 5x25-56 with an EBR-7C reticle and a Gen II Viper FFP in 5 x 25-50 with the EBR-2C reticle. both illuminated and have a zero stop. $550-650 range. One is on a custom 375 Ruger the other on a 7mm PRC. Both have held zero so far and have tracked well when I tested them when first put them on the rifles. Both scopes have very good clarity for my old eyes. For hunting I do not dial up and down much but will shoot my drops off the reticle the majority of the time. Vortex warranty seems pretty bullet proof to me. Burris XTR II or III are good scopes and most of the XTR IIs are about 1/2 price of when they came out and the warranty is backed locally here in Colorado. A bit Higher in the Dollar range are of scopes I have are Vortex Razors, and The Mark V Leupold scopes. I cannot recommend Bushnell any longer after sending in a scope for repairs and they sent a new scope that although in price was comparable the scope itself was not. That replacement scope is sitting on my daughters 22 LR now. I hope that helps you.

If I remember correctly, the OP wasn't wanting to go in debt to own a good hunting scope.
I think I'd spend alittle more and get either of these.

If you need to spend less then I'd get one of these. My choice would be this one.

Looking for good quality scope fir AR-10 in 7mm-08. Would like high magnification for long range shooting. A drop comp. is must. Old guy with bad eyes and questionable judgment.LOL While i would love a high-dollar top-of-shelf like Leupold or better.Not happening cash wise. A 500 to 700 dollar budget should get me a good clear scope in say 4-12 power maybe 44 or 50 mm lens with easy to dial drop and windage. I would think.
I thinknthe Vortex Diamondback Tactical would be a good fit in that price range. 4-16 or 6-24 variety would be great. Can get FFP, parallax adjustment (a must for long range shooting,). Even better deal.if you are a veteran

The spend more because its cool crowd may jump on me. Vortex Viper HSLR and you can find them with some great prices much lower than MSRP. Edit....Leupold VX3HD well within your budget also.
X2 on this viper...Im a 58 yr old nothing but leupold, zeiss and NF on all my other rifles. Put a little 2.5 - 10 Viper on my Mod 7... so far so good after 2 years of bumping around in trucks a 4 wheelers. Great glass for the money IMO.

This is a secret, so don't tell anyone. Eurooptic has the Trijicon Huron scope for $299 My gun dealer said that beats his best price by over $100. Just checked, they are still in stock, so you might want to check them out. Good scope for deer hunting distances. If you can swing it, might want to jump.
It's normally $699 and has all 5 star reviews. Has some type of 2 day shipping (not sure but I think it's free shipping).
How is it at dusk & dawn ? I wish it had a fire dot or such. Is the reticle still visible when dark from woods to open fields ?

How is it at dusk & dawn ? I wish it had a fire dot or such. Is the reticle still visible when dark from woods to open fields ?
Sorry, I have no experience with this scope. Other than reading some reviews, I have no insight concerning any of it's qualities. Seems like a decent scope for the price point. I believe it is Japanese as opposed to Chinese, which would lead me to believe a little better in quality (glass) and reliability (tracking & holding zero).

Sorry, I have no experience with this scope. Other than reading some reviews, I have no insight concerning any of it's qualities. Seems like a decent scope for the price point. I believe it is Japanese as opposed to Chinese, which would lead me to believe a little better in quality (glass) and reliability (tracking & holding zero).
I know the Trijis are supposed to be superb. I thought maybe you had one. Thanks.

Recent Posts