Quality LR Scope.......that is somewhat affordable???

muleythumper

What do you all recommend for a quality scope that is affordable (relatively speaking)? I have looked at Huskemaw, Nightforce, Trijicon etc.....and they are all out of my budget range. Suggestions? Suggestions?gun)

I am running Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with target turrets. Great long range scope for alot less than a Nighforce and for me it has better glass. Only downside is less adjustment. On the 2 rifles I have them on I can go 1200 yards with a 20 moa rail. I have seen deals for around $800.

One that has been suggested on here numerous times is the Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10X. It's not fancy, but apparently it is VERY repeatable and well regarded.

I'll be buying it as soon as possible for my first LR scope.....http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/95...mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-mil-dot-reticle-matte

Have you tried searching for "affordable scope" using the search feature? Usually one can get their answers way faster that way. Just an idea....

I reckon a budget number would be helpful! I am trying to stay under $500. Tall order, I know.....but a budget is a budget!

I'm very partial to Vortex optics. The Viper series has very good glass and is very capable for long range hunting. Weaver makes a great product as well as Nikon Monarch's. The Millet LRS would be a good suggestion. Here a few of the ones I'm speaking of:

Bushnell 5-15x40 Elite Tactical Rifle Scope

Burris 4.5-14x42 Fullfield II Tactical Rifle Scope

Falcon Menace 5.5-25x56 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Millett 6-25x56 LRS-1 Tactical 35mm Riflescope

Mueller 4-16x50 Tactical Riflescope

Nikon 4-16x42 Monarch Riflescope

Sightron 10x42 SIII 30mm Riflescope

Vortex 6.5-20x50 Viper 30mm Rifle Scope ( I own this one in a target dot. Love it!)

Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS 30mm Rifle Scope (New to the market. Don't know much about them, but if they are like the Viper series, its worth a serious look.)

Weaver 4-16x42 Buck Commander Rifle Scope

Well, happy choosing!:rolleyes:

Tank

I appreciate all of the good info. Tank, I am seriously considering the Vortex line that you suggested. I also like the fact that Weaver and Bushnell are in the game, as they are good companies with a long history. Thank you all very much.

I also recommend anything vortex. I am a real tight wad and have the 6x-24x crossfire on my shooter and it works awesome for me.

Goodluck, Jason

I would strongly suggest you decide what features you want, ie FFP or SFP, MOA or MIL, ballistic reticle or standard, power range, obj diameter, target turrets or hunting turrets, etc, etc.

Then you can start shopping.

This will save you a bunch of time and make the short list much more manageable.

Having said that, I have had very good luck with Weaver's upper end, including the classic, grand slam, super slam etc. Bushnell 4200 and 6500 are very nice.
Vortex should be on the list as well. I would also add The super sniper line by SWFA. Probably the most underrated scopes in the country, IMO. For big game hunting under 1k yards their 3-9x42 with their new diamond MIL reticle is a hard scope to beat IMO. Top of the line everything for a very good price.

HTH,

Scot E.

I know its not the fan favorite but i am using a leupold cds on my custom stw and I am very pleased with its performance and glass.
Nothing at all wrong with the Leupold. Leupold is the standard by which I measure all other scopes.

Is it the "very best" ? no, but it's also not the most expensive and for the difference in price I have a hard time justifying the higher priced scpes because I don't see a corresponding increase in performance for the increase in cost.

Of my current lot all of my scopes are Zeiss, Leupold, and IOR.

What do you all recommend for a quality scope that is affordable (relatively speaking)? I have looked at Huskemaw, Nightforce, Trijicon etc.....and they are all out of my budget range. Suggestions? Suggestions?gun)

Try this place...Camera Land'...that advertises in the Sponsors section here on the BB....and ask about their Zeiss scopes. I received mine yesterday, and BTW..Thanks guys at Camera Land for the great deal, and I had purchased it because I already had 1 of then...(Conquest 6.5-20 x 50) so I knew right off what I was ordering.

A great scope and from them a TREMENDOUS price. Dirt cheap? Nope...but when you get tired of that $500 stuff...you'll keep right on shooting with a Zeiss mounted on the rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.