Need affordable scope recommendation

Lo
I don't want a fixed power and the swfa is going to be over budget as a variable.
Look to see if they have a 3-15 swfa on their scopelist, it's their open stock/ demo's and the rate the condition very accurately. They also have other brands on their scopelist on the web site. I think it's called sample list. They are running !0% off right now with free shipping. I don't know if the 10% is off Sampelist items though but here is an example whats there, take a look. https://samplelist.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-riflescope-demo-c.html

Last edited:
I have a 3.5-10 vx3 you can make me an offer on been on my .257 ruger. 1" tube collecting dust at the moment. I won't be home till Sunday but I can send some pics and more details if needed.Way less than $500 and lifetime guarantee. J.

I have the same scope on it now. Just wanted something with a little more range.

Thanks for the offer

Nikon monarch 4-16. Glass is noticeablely better than comparable vortex optics IMO. That or a VX3

We use Burris 4.5X 14's they are "good", to 1,000 yards if you "Dial" with the MOA Turret's and they are, very reasonable ! My son has hit, 8.5" paper plates, at 1,000 yds.
I use one on a .270 WSM to 700 yds (one full turn, on my Turret,.. 11.75 MOA) and it is reliable and repeatable.

If you aren't opposed to buying used, look for a Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50 with the G2 reticle. They'll run you about $1100-1300. I had one on my .308 for a while and really liked it compared to the Vortex Viper PST 1st gen, but I can't compare it to any Nightforces or the Gen 2 Viper PST. My biggest gripe is how much the turrets protrude, but that's rather minor.

So you said no Vortex or Nikon. And, I think I saw you mentioned you currently have the Leupold vx3i 3.5-10x40 on there now?

If not, that scope is under $500, and is a a great option. Off the top of my head, here's a few more.

The Zeiss Terra 3-9x should be under $500.
Redfield Revolution TAC-MOA 3-9x40
Burris E1 4.5-14x

I think somewhere I read you may want a little more power than what you already have?

Weaver 40/44 6.5-20x AO - under $500
Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x - under $500
Burris E1 6.5-20x50 - under $500

You've got some good options here. Goodluck!

I just picked up a Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24 x 50 with EBR-2C (MOA) reticle for $359.99. Other scopes mentioned are good, but I have found this to be the best for long range shooting (in this price range) that is simple and allows fast follow up shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.