Need affordable scope recommendation

Sinko

Okay long story but I'm waiting for my scope to get home and Leupold isn't sure it's going to be back in time to go elk hunting. I've got a Max of $500 (not $519, $505, $501 or $500.01 ) that I can spend including tax, shipping,... and I really don't want to spend that much. What do you recommend for something to get me by. I can make due with the a marked reticle instead of dials and if it has dials I really want zero stops. I found the Burris E1 4.5-14X42 with the long range moa reticle for $315. Looks tempting and would make a great 22 mag/300 blackout scope once I get done with this. Any other suggestions or insights?

And please no Vortex or Nikon.

Last edited:
The SWFA Super Sniper fixed power lineup is a no frills affordable set of scopes that will function reliably for years. The glass is not as flashy as some, but they are as mechanically sound as anything available and they are within budget.

Last edited:
Okay long story but I'm waiting for my scope to get home and Leupold isn't sure it's going to be back in time to go elk hunting. I've got a Max of $500 (not $519, $505, $501 or $500.01 ) that I can spend including tax, shipping,... and I really don't want to spend that much. What do you recommend for something to get me by. I can make due with the a marked reticle instead of dials and if it has dials I really want zero stops. I found the Burris E1 4.5-14X42 with the long range moa reticle for $315. Looks tempting and would make a great 22 mag/300 blackout scope after the fact. Any other suggestions or insights?
In that price range I'd try to find a used VX3 tactical 4.5-14x50, or even the same in a 3.5-10x50.

Check the classifieds here at LRH and ebay, you never know what kind of a deal you'll find.

I think the Burris would do fine vortex diamond back may also work for you it's about the same price range as the Burris

The SWFA Super Sniper fixed power lineup is a no frills affordable set of scopes that will function reliably for years. The glass is not as flashy as some, but they are as mechanically sound as anything available and they are within budget.

I'll second this!!

BW

Midas btr 2.5-15x50 is only 350$ and has pretty good glass, illuminated, nice reticles. Just put one on the lady's 6.5creed.

Last edited:
$500 limit is rough. I think if I was that strapped I'd go get a loan at the bank for $700 and put the 500 with it and buy a good older non zerostop non high speed turret 22 or so power Nightforce nxs. Then I'd resell it when I got back home. You will most likely get your money back outa it. You will just be outa shipping cost when you sell it plus a little interest. I know a lot of work but I just hate going afield with something I have little to no confidence in.

Okay long story but I'm waiting for my scope to get home and Leupold isn't sure it's going to be back in time to go elk hunting. I've got a Max of $500 (not $519, $505, $501 or $500.01 ) that I can spend including tax, shipping,... and I really don't want to spend that much. What do you recommend for something to get me by. I can make due with the a marked reticle instead of dials and if it has dials I really want zero stops. I found the Burris E1 4.5-14X42 with the long range moa reticle for $315. Looks tempting and would make a great 22 mag/300 blackout scope after the fact. Any other suggestions or insights?
Use code: SHIP49 at checkout to receive free shipping.

https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42m-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html

https://swfa.com/vortex-4-24x50-strike-eagle-30mm-rifle-scope-178952.html

https://swfa.com/nikon-4-16x50-black-x1000-30mm-riflescope-3.html

https://swfa.com/vortex-6-5-20x50-viper-30mm-rifle-scope-3.html

In that price range I'd try to find a used VX3 tactical 4.5-14x50, or even the same in a 3.5-10x50.

Check the classifieds here at LRH and ebay, you never know what kind of a deal you'll find.
And, it has a lifetime warranty, even when bought used. As for the zero stop, take a 12 gauge plastic case, after zeroing cut the proper size pc, remove the turret cap put on the pc put the cap back and walla.
But don't tell anybody.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.