Affordable sub moa 30 cal

OG-danimal

Hey all, looking for my next elk gun… all im really looking for is something that doesn't break the bank, and can shoot sub moa with had loads. What would yall go with? Caliber and rifle. Trying to keep it under $2k for the gun. Most likely going to be shooting some heavy hammer bullets (199HH) so I'll need a 1:9 twist barrel. Thanks!

Hey all, looking for my next elk gun… all im really looking for is something that doesn't break the bank, and can shoot sub moa with had loads. What would yall go with? Caliber and rifle. Trying to keep it under $2k for the gun. Most likely going to be shooting some heavy hammer bullets (199HH) so I'll need a 1:9 twist barrel. Thanks!
Steyr! Pick a caliber. I've never heard of a Steyr that does not produce repeatable point of impact. Its the only bolt action I've ever cycled that makes Defiance feel sloppy loose in comparison. Their 120,000 psi proof testing is second to none and that radial cold hammer forged barrel is just sexy…

My 25 yr old 30-06 Steyr Pro Hunter in tupperware abs stock consistently does this which is a load development result after changing brass. 3,4,5 are 0.1gr powder charge increments.

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

It is painted and bedded at the recoil lug.

Last edited:
IMO the Seekins PH2 is a great option. If something isn't right, Seekins will take care of you. The three that I have loaded for all shot around 1/2 MOA or less with hand loads.

sako, tikka, x bolt

Since you want to shoot heavy coppers I'd go xbolt due to twist rate (on some models) being fast.

forgot about seekins, probably up there too!

The 3006 Springfield has been proving itself for over 100 years now