Affordable custom action?

I had a 700 long and was wanting to build 2 rifles a 308 and a 300 so my plan was to buy a stiller short action and have the smith true up and use the 700 la for the 300 win mag. I got the 308 first. I shot it for about 6months then I called the smith and told him to screw the barrel back on the action I had sent him and sold it to purchase a tac 300. These guys are absolutly correct by the time you finish up a rem 700 you will have almost as much in it as a stiller and you still won't have a custom action. I am very happy with my stiller in 308 and I'm expecting delivery of the 300 next week.

Somebody on another forum mentioned. Redhawk Rifles. I took a look, im liking what i see.

Custom blueprinted Rem 700 action.
Match grade douglas barrel. 1995$

With several other options.

Somebody on another forum mentioned. Redhawk Rifles. I took a look, im liking what i see.

Custom blueprinted Rem 700 action.
Match grade douglas barrel. 1995$

With several other options.

I know 3 different guys that have Dicks rifles ....He is a real champ with Remington anything and full of info.

So does any body have the trued rem 700 action from nw action works? And if so what are your thoughts about it. Seems like a very good deal to get into a build. And for sake of opinion is the stiller better action to go for a custom build?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.