Good Quality Bench Tripod for my Spotting Scope

LDHunter

I was at my local rifle range this morning and everyone had a spotting scope with big tripods on the concrete floor between the shooting benches. This made for a cluster as people moved about and two times people tripped on tripods and one of them knocked over a very expensive custom rifle but the owner caught it barely in time to prevent damage. Unfortunately the spotting scope didn't fare so well.

I have two cheapo tripods for use on a benchrest and they're pure junk. I want a very good quality one that is micro-adjustable for my Swarovski spotting scope.

Recommendations? I DID see a Leupold one at Midway but it only had a ball head and I'm looking for something better. What's the point of one you're constantly fiddling with and that doesn't hold steady? <sigh>

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Leupold Tabletop Tripod at Midwayusa.com

They had the best price on it by far with free shipping and even beat Amazon's price.

I read a LOT of reviews and almost all were very positive.

I realized on my heavy duty full size tripod I also bought the micro-adjustable head for it when I got it and it's quick removable so I'll just add that to the Leupold tabletop when it get's here and switch it back and forth to whichever tripod I'm using.

Midway has one of these left at this price right now.

Leupold Tripod Compact Black Gray

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.