Properly Seasoning Your Bore…..

Can I ask what you find superior about tungsten disulfide to hexagonal boron nitride?
I have never used HBN so I don't know anything about that.

What I like about WS2 is:
1. it functions as a universal fouling
2. it does not change tune or MV, nor accurate barrel life
3. it cleans out far easier than carbon
4. it reduces copper fouling
5 it's easy to apply wet or dry to bullets and bores

I have never used HBN so I don't know anything about that.

What I like about WS2 is:
1. it functions as a universal fouling
2. it does not change tune or MV, nor accurate barrel life
3. it cleans out far easier than carbon
4. it reduces copper fouling
5 it's easy to apply wet or dry to bullets and bores
Alright fair enough. I've only used hbn. I like that it's ceramic with a higher melting and burning temp than the steel it embeds in. It does in my experience greatly reduce the difference in point of impact from cold bore to subsequent shots. It is not hydrophilic. It impregnates the bullets and bore rather than coats them if done right, it can't be wiped off nor does it "cake" or accumulate. It does affect barrel life in the best way.

So, what is on the last patch or last couple patches you push through your bore?

Are you using IPA? Just std gun oil? Oil + a dry patch? Kroil? Kroil + a dry patch? Something else? Lighter fluid?

Why do you use your method?

How far is your cold clean bore shot from your 3rd or 4th shot down the barrel?
After cleaning, I push a patch with down the bore with Montana Bore Conditioner whether storing thr rifle for extended periods or immediately shooting Been using this for a dozen years. Wipe out the conditioned bore with a dry patch or two before shooting. 2-5 shots fouling shots. The first clean bore shot is generally within .5-1 MOA of my standard POI.
41FBA784-2D4F-4C05-989D-E1E595564531.jpeg

Does anybody still use R.I.G.? My father in law, who taught me about firearms and hunting always used it to wipe down the firearm with after cleaning. When I'm not planning to shoot a rifle for a while, I'll run a patch of R.I.G. down the barrel. Then later, before I shoot it, I'll run a dry patch through it.

RIG is a long-term metal protectant. IMO if you have safe queens that will be put aside for years without being shot, using RIG or a similar product is a good idea. I have used it in the past but only for long-term storage.

Thanks for sharing. What a great job he did on his own.
I also found it interesting that only Frog Lube responded to his email. People from Hornady and WD40, the other two performers chose to ignore.

Didn't Hornady One Shot perform amazingly in this? I used it for a while, but the spray on method is limiting for cleaning guns, imo. Good finale spray, I guess.

Most of the time Hoppes #9... if not in a rush and I leave copper to a point, when accuracy falls off, I let it sit for a few days. Sometimes Pro Shot copper solvent. Once it's clean, I run Jap lube for storage. Lanolin cream, vasoline, and straight 30 Motor oil.