Bore Scope, did it change your opinion on rifle barrels

I've used the teslong mainly for judgement on my barrel cleaning thoroughness. However it's also given me the ability to see how well a chamber has been cut, how uniform the lands/throat and how smooth the chamber was cut. However I have a few factory rifles with junk chambers that shoot very well.

Teslong is my hero! (Used Lyman for years before that. No comparison!)

Most definitely a tool in my toolbox. Very helpful in setting up cleaning regiment for new barrels and maintaining barrel condition. Use every cleaning to make sure carbon ring is gone, and copper is at the correct level for that barrel (Requires some record keeping).

I never assume that anything I can see with a borescope shows how it shoots, but if a barrel stops shooting, I use it to confirm barrel condition at that time. It's a rabbit hole thing..

I still do not have a borescope and I'm not sure I will unless my eyes deteriorate seriously. I've been able to see issues like you all are talking about using a bore-light and peering down the action end of the bbl. I've called bad throats, fire cracking, chipped chrome (that one irked me as they had shot the rifle a bunch to cover it up), and even a 25 cal. barrel hung on a 243 by one of the major makers (rhymes with garbage). I'm sure I could see more detail with a borescope but I already see enough to want to write out a check for a new barrel on a couple of my rifles. They still put up good groups tough, so I'll let the targets do the talking.

I bought a bore scope a while back. Although it did seem to be an aid in telling the level of copper foul, your patches will tell you if its clean or not if using a good bore cleaner.

What a bore scope did tell me, was the reason a barrel may not shot or why a barrel may shoot good. With that said I am sure I have barrels that look like a million dollars and still my not shoot 5. moa and others that look like crap and shoot lights out.

I was working with a gun I orginally bought for the action. Decided to see if it would shoot, well it didnt. I swapped scopes, different loads but it was all over the place. Buddy of mine said you need a bore scope so I bought one. Did having a bore scope enlighten my mind. Also told me the rifle I was trying to make shoot had the throat shot out.

Another thing it I've gained from a bore scope is how good some factory barrels look. I have a 550 CZ 375 H&H that looks really good. Same for a Factory Win take off barrel a buddy of mine gave me. Both shoot really good.

Looking at the two rifles Douglas barrels I have, its pretty obvious they are not lapped, or at least look that way to me. One shoots decent, the other maybe shoots 1.5-2 inch groups. Compared to a Shilen the douglas barrels aren't even close. Some of the Shilens I looked at have not been shot so not sure of the outcome. But my guess they will shoot.

Last thing I was able to glean was the crown. Before I was looking at crowns using a light and magnifing glass, looking at a crown with a bore scope is much better picture for me.

A Wi Fi bore scope that connects to an iPad is a handy tool. Wish I would have bough one years back. Best 100 bucks I've spent on Amazon in a while.

Thanks Billy
The Hawkeye is very useful as others have said, mine enables me to understand how fouled or unclean to keep different barrels so I don't waste bullets etc. just fouling them. I recommend one for everyone.