Properly Seasoning Your Bore…..

As far as protecting the bore from rust there's no "seasoning" better than a film of copper and carbon 😁
That's why I do a fouling shot on a clean bore. And then wet patch with a gun oil followed by a dry patch. However I live in a fairly dry climate. It might not be the best practice for those in humid climates.

That's why I do a fouling shot on a clean bore. And then wet patch with a gun oil followed by a dry patch. However I live in a fairly dry climate. It might not be the best practice for those in humid climates.
Manymany moons ago, when my rifles would be stored for long time, I would put a little vaseline on a patch and run it through. I would run a dry patch or two before shooting.

Manymany moons ago, when my rifles would be stored for long time, I would put a little vaseline on a patch and run it through. I would run a dry patch or two before shooting.
I could see doing that in some sections of Texas. When I was stationed in GA if you didn't clean and oil a weapon during maneuvers daily you were asking for rust.