Problem with new factory 7prc ammo

Just got home from work. As promised here are the pics
8A49F009-4273-4BDF-A6F3-78D57522D5E1.jpeg

9B4BAE54-F575-4247-9E79-C70256CFDC96.jpeg
64937853-8CCE-4FCA-9FFE-78B8F0B91CE6.jpeg

Just an update from my perspective. I spoke with a Hornady TechNovak representative early this PM. He did state that the ring issue has been tested with returned ammunition and they have found no degradation in performance. He stated that they used to have a process where the case headstamp was not affected and the newer "better" process would be the process used for newly produced ammunition. He stated that for those who returned ammunition had the rounds used during their assessment replaced with ammunition with the ring and returned to the consumer. Given the initial difficulty getting the product, I did not want to risk the Shipping back and forth without knowing what the resolve was going to be. I also asked about the chewed up condition of the primers affecting a large percentage pieces that I had. He suggested that this was likely due to the transport of loaded rounds jostling about within the large bins between the manufacturing building to the packaging building.
Personally, I will wait until other brass hits the market place before purchasing more Hornady branded ammunition.
I appreciate reading the comments from others on this issue so please share if interesting explanations are provided. I have attached a photo of Hornadys fine product.

Attachments

• 64FC8B52-8C9A-4D33-ADA5-DCBB4D136A5B.jpeg
    64FC8B52-8C9A-4D33-ADA5-DCBB4D136A5B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
I am basically of the same opinion. I don't want to ship and hear that they are fine and go through the BS. I will keep my 5 boxes and shoot to break in and get the feel of my new XP and load up my own with ADG or Peterson when I'm ready to dial it in. The factory stuff isn't cheap to just shoot for break in but factor in primers, power, time, etc, I'm ok with it.

Just an update from my perspective. I spoke with a Hornady TechNovak representative early this PM. He did state that the ring issue has been tested with returned ammunition and they have found no degradation in performance. He stated that they used to have a process where the case headstamp was not affected and the newer "better" process would be the process used for newly produced ammunition. He stated that for those who returned ammunition had the rounds used during their assessment replaced with ammunition with the ring and returned to the consumer. Given the initial difficulty getting the product, I did not want to risk the Shipping back and forth without knowing what the resolve was going to be. I also asked about the chewed up condition of the primers affecting a large percentage pieces that I had. He suggested that this was likely due to the transport of loaded rounds jostling about within the large bins between the manufacturing building to the packaging building.
Personally, I will wait until other brass hits the market place before purchasing more Hornady branded ammunition.
I appreciate reading the comments from others on this issue so please share if interesting explanations are provided. I have attached a photo of Hornadys fine product.
Looks like HE-double hockey sticks.

Have seen a couple of videos of plant tours (Rem under new ownership & Fed, IIRC). Shots of loose rounds falling into a good sized bin (20x20x20?). No beat up, scratched primers.

Grandpop gave me first firearm sixty-six years ago, been hunting & shooting since. Never seen primers scratched up like these - from any mfr. Including milsurp. Ima call Bovine Scatology on Hornady's explanation.

IMO, Joyce would be Not Happy with what's goin' out the doors - product & verbiage - at the company he started.

The ring never changes on 3 firings. The ring will measure .001 to .0005 on Headspace so you will have to bump shoulder back a little more on those. Didn't seem to effect anything on handloads when bumped back right

mine look the same

IMG_2095.jpeg

I ordered 10 boxes right after the release and they look fine. ELDX's. Curious what you guys are seeing for accuracy out of these. I bought to fire form and break in then start development but hoping I get lucky like I did with the 6.5prc eldx's and they shoot right out of the box. Unbelievable the PR response from hornady though, they should just be honest and own it. Make it right Hornady, making excuses just makes you sound like you are making excuses.