prairie dog rifle --savage, ruger, remington ???

kuduman

Looking to buy or build a prairie dog rifle in a 204 ruger caliber. I have seen some ruger rifles shoot incredibly tight groups out of the box. Remington has the 700 sa receiver that I would use to build a custom rifle if the Remington varmint rifle was not accurate enough. Do not know anything about the savage varmint. Looking to shoot atleast to 400 yds. I have a lot of varmint rifles, .223,,, 22-250,, 6mmBR and I hand load. The reviews on the 204 ruger caliber seem to be very positive. My preference is to buy a rifle, glass bed it, and shoot it.. If I have to go the custom route, I will but would like to try this first. As always, any guidance, opinions, and experience is appreciated.

The Ruger Hawkeye predator is a tack driving rifle. I have one in a 6.5 Creedmoor. A guy on here under the name "Big Sky" Has a predator in a 204 ruger and he was actually the one that talked me into buying mine. He should me pics of his groups and he was getting 1/4 moa @ 100 yards with FACTORY ammo. For something that isnt a bedded rifle id say thats not bad. They are awesome rifles for only 750 bucks. Buy this rifle and dont look back. You wont regret it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.