Powder shortage????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is both parties have done such a good job of convincing their rabid followers to hate the other party that no one will wake up to the fact that it's both sides pulling the same crap. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle the politician is on, they don't have the best interest of the general public in mind when they make decisions. Everyone on here thinks Daddy Trump is going to come back and save them from China Joe, and he'll promise to fix everything, then just continue doing the same thing as all the others have done.
I don't agree with that, Biden is a complete idiot, trump is a leader, I felt when he was in office, he was working for me.

Political perspectives aside, I know a guy who works closely with military munitions manufacturers and who has access to places most of us don't. He said that he recently was in a warehouse area of one company where they store powder and it was almost empty. They had only a few months of powder for production on hand. I do not see the cost coming down even when Trump is elected, too many are making too much money because we are still buying it and it contributes to a form of ammunition control which is better than gun control for those who believe in that. I have acquired as much as I forsee me using in the distant future of powders suitable for specific, practical cartridges. Some for hunting to eat, some for hunting... Anyway, all of that aside, I have enough powder, primers and bullets to sustain me for quite a while, I don't believe price or availability will substantially improve. If it does I will be very happy to be wrong.

I don't agree with that, Biden is a complete idiot, trump is a leader, I felt when he was in office, he was working for me.
Biden is an idiot, I will not argue that in the slightest. But Trump is a selfish a-hole, who didn't give a **** about you or me or anyone else. He ran as a joke, got surprised when he won, and just played while he was in office. Then it turned into a giant ego trip, which he's still on. But, I recognize that folks love their favorite Cheeto and there's no way to dissuade his loyalists once they've converted.

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Biden is an idiot, I will not argue that in the slightest. But Trump is a selfish a-hole, who didn't give a **** about you or me or anyone else. He ran as a joke, got surprised when he won, and just played while he was in office. Then it turned into a giant ego trip, which he's still on. But, I recognize that folks love their favorite Cheeto and there's no way to dissuade his loyalists once they've converted.
I'll take what we had in the previous administration, regardless of personal feelings. Or his personal ego or gain. WE were better off.

That puny, selfish and people pleasing short sightedness is the reason we are weaker and poorer and less secure today. And headed down the final road to ruin.

I have generally had fair to good success finding the powders I wanted over time. I will grant that it wasn't at the prices I like. I have used shootingbot.com to locate a lot of what I was searching for and get in stock notices. Probably my best score was 8# of RL26 from Brownells a few months ago. Lately I've been getting more picky about price and not paying hazmat. I'm fortunate to live in Montana with a Scheels store with-in driving range. They have improved their online shooting with in stock notices and if LR primers or a particular powder come in stock locally, I can buy it and pick it up at my convenience without shipping or hazmat. SRP have become so abundant that they only cost double what they used to.

While I found the general discussion on the this thread interesting enough to read in terms of members opinions, I'm surprised Len has not killed the thread as it seems to be pretty close to violating forum rule 9. (Something I'm sure I guilty of from time to time)

The sad part is both parties have done such a good job of convincing their rabid followers to hate the other party that no one will wake up to the fact that it's both sides pulling the same crap. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle the politician is on, they don't have the best interest of the general public in mind when they make decisions. Everyone on here thinks Daddy Trump is going to come back and save them from China Joe, and he'll promise to fix everything, then just continue doing the same thing as all the others have done.
In general I believe this is a true statement. However conservatives generally have a lot more good people that I believe in, the number however is small, but present either way.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is still the United States America.
I think Trump is / was the best President in my 70 years! He did far more for our freedom and Christian beliefs than any other President! In his inaugural address he stated he was giving the power back to the people! We the people are the government!
At least 75% of people in any group are infact "sheeple" that go along following the others over the cliff while the 10% that may actually have enough morality and ethics try to tell the truth to steeple that don't want to hear it. All the while the 2% of Sheep Dogs out there are giving their lives to protect everyone else from their selves and the trouble they get into! GOD Is The Only Answer For our Country! We must pray and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I knew many Christians that would not vote for Trump in 2016, and may not again, yet I believe God was in the outcome if that election. He also allowed what happened in the 2020 election. We are in a fallen world! I could go on, but will not, these are my opinions, you form your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.