Powder , primers and bullits shortage

Checked w 2 local LGS today,

Both had Remington 9 1/2 large magnum rifle primers $90 per 1000.
in stock.

H1000, Varget, many reloaders too.

What they didnt have was Retumbo, or RL 26, or VV N series powders.

You missed one small point here. If XYZ dealer only has 1 case of primers to sell and he marks it up 300-400% of his cost, he's not making as much profit as if he had 10 cases of primers to sell at 100% margin. If he can't get the supply from ABC primer company, he can't sell them to anyone and make the profit that he would have with more stock.
Agreed. If there is none, then the profit in my example is void. My assertion is that there is some, and it gets "trickled" out in such a fashion as to keep the inventory super low, and maximize profit on each sale. Hey, I could be completely wrong here and someone may call BS on my theory. That's OK, but ultimately the money trail is very illuminating. I just know that in many other retail sectors, this very scenario is currently going on. It's hard for us to wrap our heads around it because we live in a country that for most of our lives has been one of abundance. I'm 57 and for most of my life if there was a need for a particular product (or a want), it was available, typically at a fair or "regular" price point. The 1970's oil embargo and gasoline shortage was a memorable exception, and now COVID and the resulting Economy of Scarcity (my theory) seem to be creating similar shortages in many retail sectors. We notice the powder/primer situation here because we share a common desire to shoot and reload, and for the most part everyone is having similar experiences getting components. As to the explanation that there are (xxx million) more gun owners now than pre-COVID, I would argue that almost all of the new gun owners are NOT shooting magnum rifles, and using up magnum primers and slow burning powder, but instead shooting 9mm pistols and 223/5.56 guns and ammo. Funny, there does not seem to be any shortage of those (although there was for quite a while) items.

Agreed. If there is none, then the profit in my example is void. My assertion is that there is some, and it gets "trickled" out in such a fashion as to keep the inventory super low, and maximize profit on each sale. Hey, I could be completely wrong here and someone may call BS on my theory. That's OK, but ultimately the money trail is very illuminating. I just know that in many other retail sectors, this very scenario is currently going on. It's hard for us to wrap our heads around it because we live in a country that for most of our lives has been one of abundance. I'm 57 and for most of my life if there was a need for a particular product (or a want), it was available, typically at a fair or "regular" price point. The 1970's oil embargo and gasoline shortage was a memorable exception, and now COVID and the resulting Economy of Scarcity (my theory) seem to be creating similar shortages in many retail sectors. We notice the powder/primer situation here because we share a common desire to shoot and reload, and for the most part everyone is having similar experiences getting components. As to the explanation that there are (xxx million) more gun owners now than pre-COVID, I would argue that almost all of the new gun owners are NOT shooting magnum rifles, and using up magnum primers and slow burning powder, but instead shooting 9mm pistols and 223/5.56 guns and ammo. Funny, there does not seem to be any shortage of those (although there was for quite a while) items.
You're not wrong on the price point. Go on gun broker and look up LRPs. You will see guys with twenty or more bricks of them for sale. where are they getting them. I've posted before on this. Gun store owners are setting up accounts on the site and selling them for five times what the could get on the shelf of their store.

My way of thinking is, If I'm selling a product, and someone wants to buy 1, or 1001, I'm selling it to them and not listing it as "out of stock". But that's just me. I'm sure there are plenty of scam artists out there that should be in jail for price gouging.

Checked w 2 local LGS today,

Both had Remington 9 1/2 large magnum rifle primers $90 per 1000.
in stock.

H1000, Varget, many reloaders too.

What they didnt have was Retumbo, or RL 26, or VV N series powders.
Remingtons do seem to be in better supply, I've seen some around here too. The same stacks have been collecting dust for a while on their shelves. $10/100.
Lots of pistol powders, and stuff for 22 hornet and the like. Some accurate stuff. Nice to see prices are starting to come off of those $50+ levels as well. Lots of powders in the $29 to 35 range. I do alot of varming shooting so that's nice.
You are right on the money. I've said it in previous posts, the gap between the haves and the hav-nots is getting wider and it is an intentional push because the more monetary power the very wealthy have, the more they can control the market.

It happens in real estate every 15-20 years. Those who have patience and forethought can set themselves up quote nicely ridong the waves, buying low and owning those rentals through the high runs.

Here's how it goes. In a very concerted, coordinated effort, slowly, quietly start buying up lots of 'something people need' until they have vast amounts of it, without creating enough shortage to cause prices to climb; then, when you have yourself situated with plenty of stock, accellerate the buying, snapping up everything available which casues the shortages we se now. This causes panic in the retail sector which makes prices soar. They then start tricking out enough stock that the prices stay high. Everyday consumers panic buy because they're worried if they dont get some now, they never will. Price run continues. Phase 3, profit.

Remingtons do seem to be in better supply, I've seen some around here too. The same stacks have been collecting dust for a while on their shelves. $10/100.
Lots of pistol powders, and stuff for 22 hornet and the like. Some accurate stuff. Nice to see prices are starting to come off of those $50+ levels as well. Lots of powders in the $29 to 35 range. I do alot of varming shooting so that's nice.

You are right on the money. I've said it in previous posts, the gap between the haves and the hav-nots is getting wider and it is an intentional push because the more monetary power the very wealthy have, the more they can control the market.

It happens in real estate every 15-20 years. Those who have patience and forethought can set themselves up quote nicely ridong the waves, buying low and owning those rentals through the high runs.

Here's how it goes. In a very concerted, coordinated effort, slowly, quietly start buying up lots of 'something people need' until they have vast amounts of it, without creating enough shortage to cause prices to climb; then, when you have yourself situated with plenty of stock, accellerate the buying, snapping up everything available which casues the shortages we se now. This causes panic in the retail sector which makes prices soar. They then start tricking out enough stock that the prices stay high. Everyday consumers panic buy because they're worried if they dont get some now, they never will. Price run continues. Phase 3, profit.
True! I think its called speculation!

I think a lot of the new prices we are seeing is what the new norm is going to be $120. For 1000 primers . $ 40 to $55 for 1 lb of powder . Bullet cost $35 to$65 per 100