Powder , primers and bullits shortage

It's been near 3 yrs now and still we are experiencing shortages of Components to reload. What are the current excuses today ? Very frustrating not being able to find these things.
I bought a brick of cci small rifle primers a couple of weeks ago at a LGS here in Tennessee for 54.00 dollars out the door but no large rifle primers ,midsouth has 209 shotgun primers and several types of powder except no alliant powder

Ive been looking steadily for H1000 and Nosler brass.... Sometimes some awesome members let us know about stock but by the time were there its all sold out. So ready to be able to find stuff again.
Midsouth has had h1000 on and off fairly regularly lately but when you get the email you better jump right then it won't last 15 minutes

It's been near 3 yrs now and still we are experiencing shortages of Components to reload. What are the current excuses today ? Very frustrating not being able to find these things.
Maybe ammo companies forcing consumers to buy commercial ammo??? Not worth catering to the reloading crowd? More $$$ in ammo....money money

I'm in Pueblo Colorado and there isn't any H4350 or any Hogdon stick powder of any kind on a shelf at any store here. Some ball powder at times. No primers of any size on a shelf. Online is the only option and it is stupid expensive to pay over 100 for 1000 plus hazmat and shipping. People are either hoarding them or scalping them.
Don't know how far you are from Salida Colorado, but next trip that way, stop in at Salida Gun Shop, or call them to see what's in stock.
They are easy to talk to on the phone.

They do have some powders time to time.

Their shipping costs a lot, but they do ship. I believe you gotta buy
like 16 lbs or more because they have a $60 min. shipping fee.

I'd venture out far enough to say the issue is still being compounded by idiots. Those that hoard, and the mag dump range rats.

Not worth catering to the reloading crowd?
It's never been worth it. It's only ever been a way for them to bolster numbers slightly. When they can sell every single round of loaded ammo they make, at 5x the normal price... what possible business motivation would you be citing in the board room when making your recommendation that they should hold back components to service handloaders?

A tiny fringe market that complains constantly... compared to selling billions of rounds of ammo to the complacent weekend blasters.

There isn't a discussion here. We should be thankful for what we have.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Last edited: