Possible reason to component shortage?

C-130 Dude

Just saw this post. Interesting. One of the many reasons we can't find what we need??? This article goes way beyond heave weapons. At the rate of ammo expenditures, companies will take years to make it up. War time economy rules.

We are so ill prepared to ward off even a Boy Scout attack. I just read today, Obama stopped full production delivery of F22's so we only have 1/2 of what was ordered. Our munitions stockpile is depleted. Our production facilities in bind.

But the HumVee plant in Indiana just got huge contract for armored carriers so they will be ramping up. We are low on all sorts of those vehicles.

We need to ramp up the F22's ASAP. Especially if Taiwan gets hotter.

We are so ill prepared to ward off even a Boy Scout attack. I just read today, Obama stopped full production delivery of F22's so we only have 1/2 of what was ordered. Our munitions stockpile is depleted. Our production facilities in bind.

But the HumVee plant in Indiana just got huge contract for armored carriers so they will be ramping up. We are low on all sorts of those vehicles.

The F22 production line was closed years ago. It's way cost prohibited to reopen it. However, the new stealth fighter is miles better at all requirements. Stay tuned for news. I hope the Boy Scouts dont go on the rampage!🫢😅

Last edited:

You have lost your mind. This is the most uninformed post I have ever seen on this site!

You are absolutely clueless on this subject lol. Obama had 0% to do with any F22 production.

There is No Way to start F22 production again. Sad but true. Was on that program since 1988----watched the last one roll off the line and was the Subcontract Program Manager for sustainment and modernization until 2019.

Last edited:
The F22 production line was closed years ago. It's way cost prohibited to reopen it. However, the new stealth fighter is miles better at all requirements. Stay tuned for news. I hope the Boy Scouts dont go on the rampage!🫢😅
Sorry but you are misinformed----F35 which was another Program I was on has a completely different mission.

You have lost your mind. This is the most uninformed post I have ever seen on this site!

You are absolutely clueless on this subject lol. Obama had 0% to do with any F22 production.

There is No Way to start F22 production again. Sad but true. Was on that program since 1988----watched the last one roll off the line and was the Subcontract Program Manager for sustainment and modernization until 2019.
Yeah, not to mention that the tech employed took so many years to develop. Today's is better.

Sorry but you are misinformed----F35 which was another Program I was on has a completely different mission.
I don't know anything about jet fighters but my office is close to the flight line at Luke AFB in west Phoenix. It's the primary F-35 training base and they fly overhead many times per day. Those F-35s are significantly louder than the F-16s that used to train there. Pretty cool to see and hear them overhead.