Powder Prices - good lord

I got two alerts from Powder Valley this weekend. It was for availability of 2 powders. I had put in an alert for RL16 and AR-Comp. The link they provided was for the 8# jugs, one of each, that I set in the alert for some time ago. I clicked each link and it automatically loaded them in the cart and put me on the website. Very convenient. I scrolled down, expecting a hefty bill, but not that hefty... almost $1,100.00 and Hazmat shipping wasn't added yet. When I came to, I checked for injuries from falling out of my chair, called the neighbors to let them know that the screams they heard were from the tv, clicked delete, delete, and wept for three hours. Ok... most of that is bs but the price sure wasn't.

I learned how to make decent black powder a few years ago. Decent enough to sub it in for GOEX in a pinch. At this rate it won't be long and all competition will be with muzzle loaders and flintlocks.
I bought two lbs of Ramshot magnum powder off of Gunbroker this week,
New old stock.
By the time I sent off the USPS check (no way to use a credit card) with all fees, was $176.19.
$29.00 for two day delivery, Washington state sales tax of $14.00 or so dollars plus $25.00 shipping. It all adds up.

I bought two lbs of Ramshot magnum powder off of Gunbroker this week,
New old stock.
By the time I sent off the USPS check (no way to use a credit card) with all fees, was $176.19.
$29.00 for two day delivery, Washington state sales tax of $14.00 or so dollars plus $25.00 shipping. It all adds up.
I can't understand why anyone would order 2 lbs of powder from anyone. My minimum is five lbs; my last order was for 16 lbs of Retumbo.

Canada is doing the same thing (collapsing the economy) with their new program of giving EVERYONE $2000/mo. We're going to see mass migration at the northern border next.