Potential New Record :)

Guiness world record as of right now is 4752 yards by Adam Kodra with a 416 Barrett, and I heard one of the guys at Charlie Mike Precision just hit 5,000 yards with a .408 Tejas Fwiw. Definitely good shooting by all

Second request (first was from Theis) - please provide the link to that record. I just registered with Guiness, entered the search "Longest rifle shot", and went thru 9 pages of totally non-related stuff. If you provide the link I can log in and see what it says. Thanks.

Second request (first was from Theis) - please provide the link to that record. I just registered with Guiness, entered the search "Longest rifle shot", and went thru 9 pages of totally non-related stuff. If you provide the link I can log in and see what it says. Thanks.

Sorry about the delay on this gentlemen, but there is no link visible and I'm assuming it had been taken down due to the classification being incorrectly labeled. Pictured below is a photo of the confirmation email from Guinness that Mr. Kodra posted on his Instagram page (posted September 12th I believe), but I may try to reach out to him directly soon to see how things are coming along and if there is actually viewable information on his record yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171105-231928.png
    Screenshot_20171105-231928.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
As I know and have seen Adam shoot and talk with him a good bit on FB, His request for Guinness was turned down because they don't have a Scoped long range record they only have one for Iron sights, Which Is kind of dumb to me but nothing we can do about that. Adam made a 3 first rd impact at 4752 out of 5 shots back on June 5th. After hearing his story of his Service to our country and how he got blew up it was a Honor to meet him and watch him let all the Vets shoot his 416 at the Worlds Largest shot challenge. He is just a everyday guy that loves to shoot and this has helped him get through his PTSD issues.

Hello,
Its not that Guinness "only" has a long range record for iron sights...its the fact that nobody has submitted a request to them for "scoped" long range record that lays out the criteria of the record. Please see my previous post about just how "garbled" a request and criteria can get. Nobody has submitted their criteria, had their criteria accepted and booked a Guinness authorized representative to watch and ensure the criteria was met during the actual shooting.
UNTIL someone wants to go through with writing and outlining specifics of their "World Record" request, have that criteria approved, book a rep, make shot per their approved criteria, etc....the is NO world record anything. Personal Records, Organization Record, Association Records, YES but world record, NOPE.

THEIS

This is From Guinness reply to Adam. So it sure sounds like there is no Optic class and will not be. He has the full screen shot of there reply but this is the Highlight of it.

Because rapidly changing technology, we are unable to standardize the type of optic that can be utilized in a record attempt, because of this we are only able to monitor longest distance rifle shots by Iron sights.

As I know and have seen Adam shoot and talk with him a good bit on FB, His request for Guinness was turned down because they don't have a Scoped long range record they only have one for Iron sights, Which Is kind of dumb to me but nothing we can do about that. Adam made a 3 first rd impact at 4752 out of 5 shots back on June 5th. After hearing his story of his Service to our country and how he got blew up it was a Honor to meet him and watch him let all the Vets shoot his 416 at the Worlds Largest shot challenge. He is just a everyday guy that loves to shoot and this has helped him get through his PTSD issues.

The Guiness application process, of course, is also for new records (i.e., ones in new categories). See FAQ #1 at http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/faqs/

The 5th step of the 6-step process, "When you find the record, click the 'Apply Now' button. If you cannot find the record you can apply for a new one by clicking 'Apply for a new record title' at the bottom of the page."

At this point its only snippets of info I can find, but the record submission was for multiple hits on target. Adam is trying to get the whole "iron sights" thing corrected. Seems like its just a waiting game for Guinness to release the whole report...Screenshot_20171106-105227.png

At this point its only snippets of info I can find, but the record submission was for multiple hits on target. Adam is trying to get the whole "iron sights" thing corrected. Seems like its just a waiting game for Guinness to release the whole report...View attachment 83346

Very confusing. Under "Measurement" it says N/A. and the top (presumably the description of the record category/title) says nothing about shooting or longest or rifle. Can you get a shot of the whole page? [BTW, I searched on "consecutive rounds" and found nothing - presumably because it is not YET a recognized record.] Also, seems from what SwitchBack2 posted Guiness has rejected the record application for THEIR failure to be able to identify "scope". Sounds like "with other than iron sights" would solve that issue.

Why would you care if Guiness verifies a record? I would rather have the NRA verify it for at least a national record. I know it would not be a "world" record, but does Guiness verifying it mean it's a world record. They are very good at how many plates you can spin at the same time. Knowledge of sighting systems, rifle platforms and shooting positions are probably not their specialty. Then do you want them to make arbitrary rules that have to be obeyed forever. Not me

Why would you care if Guiness verifies a record? I would rather have the NRA verify it for at least a national record. I know it would not be a "world" record, but does Guiness verifying it mean it's a world record. They are very good at how many plates you can spin at the same time. Knowledge of sighting systems, rifle platforms and shooting positions are probably not their specialty. Then do you want them to make arbitrary rules that have to be obeyed forever. Not me

Hoffer - since no data have been posted, you're getting ahead of yourself. Depending on what they verified (i.e., their staff verified), might be a fair start (at least until their is a "generally accepted" set of criteria).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.