4.4 Miles? New Record?

It says here the scope mount is a "Custom 350 MOA mount by S&S Sporting" Crazy!
The base is stupid by design and a waste of effort. Short answer is stack 2 20moa and you get 400. Don't argue, do the math. You don't add, you multiply. I cheated by using a digital level with digital inclement/angle.

I know it's a looooonnnnngg ways, but could be done with a 9mm also. Well it might take something a little bigger? Find the right angle and take in for drift, shoot a bunch and eventually it'll make contact. If you have a Speer # 13 or 14 look at the 1st 2 pages of each cartridge data. It give angle and distance of capabilities.

I know it's a looooonnnnngg ways, but could be done with a 9mm also. Well it might take something a little bigger? Find the right angle and take in for drift, shoot a bunch and eventually it'll make contact. If you have a Speer # 13 or 14 look at the 1st 2 pages of each cartridge data. It give angle and distance of capabilities.
9mm would hit the ground long before that distance. But I know what you are saying.

I wonder how many rounds he shot before he hit the target, A few months ago there was another world record set for close to that range and they took a ridiculous number of shots to hit the target, Not all that impressive to me.

9mm would hit the ground long before that distance. But I know what you are saying.

I wonder how many rounds he shot before he hit the target, A few months ago there was another world record set for close to that range and they took a ridiculous number of shots to hit the target, Not all that impressive to me.
I agree. Anyone could hit that shot with enough time and rounds downrange. I regularly shoot and compete in Sporting Clays. Among my regular group, it's a rule that if you make an incredible shot, you have to do it twice, or it never happened. Our way of dealing with 'luck'. Haha

Here goes my next 10 mile record shot. I will place a large area in white paper. Next I'll go back 10 miles, fire several 100 rounds in the general direction. Travel down to check for impact. BAMB! NEW WORLD RECORD. I forget the important part, I need to stand it up so it looks like it's a target and paint a dot or circle where the impact was. Or I could get some friends shoot something at close range and they all agree it happened.

While I DO think it's impressive- if I tried it, my bullets would probably land in the wrong zip code- but in the video, doesnt it mention that his wife (who was in a concrete bunker in front of the target) thought it sounded like a ricochet off the roof of the bunker she was in?
A ricochet is a very distinct sound.
What are the chances it ricocheted into the target?

it amazes me the amount of negativity coming from a forum of supposed long range shooters (who should understand the math and sheer difficulty of a shot like this)

so for his shot,

1mph of wind = 26 feet horizontal deflection

the final elevation input was 1,092 MOA. That is 88,539 inches in holdover. If we convert that, that = 7,378 feet, 2,459 yards, or 1.39 MILES OF HOLDOVER.

If you do the rifle cant error calculation on that, 1/10th of a degree of cant = almost 13 feet of horizontal deflection…..insane

i'm really curious now of the maximum height ordinance of the projectile. I tried running a computation in my kestrel but it maxed out at 5,500 yards. I'm estimating that the bullet was a minimum of at least 2,500-3,000 feet up in the air at one point, maybe more.

When you consider those things as well as all the other variables, 69 shots seems like a very small amount of shots to hit the target :)

I understand in relation to smaller distances that is alot of shots for an impact, but the degree of difficulty is massively more so than even a 2 mile shot.